After an internal investigation, Auburn denied the accuracy of a report from earlier this month that accused some of its football players and coaches of academic fraud and bribery.
Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs said in a statement released Monday that the report was inaccurate and contained several misrepresentations.
"As the facts demonstrate, the article is clearly flawed," Jacobs said. "I want you to know that I will always act on the basis of facts. I will continue to fight for Auburn University, and I will continue to defend this great institution against such attacks."
Jacobs said that the university launched its own investigation because it felt the allegations were serious enough, but concluded that "many of the sources interviewed for the article criticized the reporter for misquoting or misrepresenting them as soon as the story appeared."
Three former Tigers, including Mike McNeil -- who is on trial for armed robbery -- detailed the allegations to former New York Times and Sports Illustrated columnist Selena Roberts, whose report appears on her website Roopstigo.com.
---The ACC announced that its 15 schools signed a Grant of Rights agreement through 2027.
The agreement will likely prevent conference realignment as it decreases the chances of a school leaving for another conference. Further, the schools surrender control of TV broadcast rights to the conference.
The ACC currently has a $50 million exit fee in place for schools that wish to leave the conference. Florida State voted against the exit fee and Maryland is fighting it.
---Virginia Tech running back Michael Holmes faces felony malicious wounding and assault and battery charges stemming from an early Sunday morning bar fight that led to his arrest.
WDBJ-TV in Virginia reported Monday that Holmes is scheduled to be arraigned on Tuesday.
Virginia Tech announced in a statement that Holmes has been suspended from the team indefinitely.
---Central Florida announced in a press release that the NCAA granted the football program's appeal of a one-year postseason football ban, making the Knights bowl eligible for the 2013 season.