This Sunday, the Cincinnati Bengals will take on the Miami Dolphins at home in Paul Brown Stadium. It is only the second home game of the year for the Bengals, who beat both the Washington Redskins and Jacksonville Jaguars on the road, and the Cleveland Browns in Cincinnati. Yet despite being 3-1, tickets still remain and the game is in danger of being blacked out on local television if it does not sell out by 1:00pm Friday. So if you happen to be free this Sunday, here are ten reasons you should buy tickets now to cheer on your Cincinnati Bengals:
1. The Bengals are playing the Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins are 1-3 and are currently 26th out of 32 teams in the NFL Power Rankings. While a win is never a sure thing, the Dolphins are, to say the very least, beatable.
2. The Bengals deserve your support. These guys are working their tails off and are getting the job done. With a record of 3-1 the Cincinnati Bengals are up 8th in NFL Power Rankings ahead of such heralded franchises as the Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots, and Green Bay Packers. And you KNOW those teams' fans support their team.
3. You can wear your Cincinnati Bengals gear around town and not feel like a poser. Seriously, how long has it been since you went to a game? But you still wear that Bengals sweatshirt all the time, no?
4. You can take advantage of the Bengals Ticket Pack offer. The Bengals are offering discounted tickets to the game this weekend in conjunction to either game against the Pittsburgh Steelers or the Dallas Cowboys. If you purchase the Ticket Pack you also receive purchase priority if the Bengals make it to the playoffs.
5. They sell beer at the game . . . and nachos. Yum.
6. Mike Brown doesn't play for the Cincinnati Bengals. Okay, so you hate Mike Brown, but isn't it time to stop whining about the team's owner and show the players some love?
7. There won't be a bunch of annoying fans for the other team at the game. Miami, Florida is pretty far away, and the Dolphins are hardly a team worth traveling to support - these are not Dan Marino's Dolphins. So it won't be like a Steelers game when you have all those smelly gold and black clad hooligans ruining your day.
8. It's going to be a great day for football. The Cincinnati weather forecast indicates that while there may be showers early in the day, it should be sunny in the afternoon, mid 50; a crisp fall football day.
9. Going to the game is the RIGHT thing to do. It's embarrassing to Cincinnati and the Bengals that we can't sell out games, especially with a winning team. Start a trend, help sell out this game, and hopefully other fans will jump on the bandwagon and we can make it through this season blackout free.
10. Aren't you just hankering to WHODEY?????NFL Power Rankings, msn.foxsports.com
"NFL Grants Bengals Extension of Blackout Deadline," local12.com
WLWT News 5 Forecast
Lisa Stewart is a married mother of two who lives in the suburbs of Cincinnati, Ohio. She is a die-hard Bengals fan who looks forward to the day when they will finally win it all.
Follow Lisa on Twitter: @lisa0606
More Articles by this Contributor: