Cubo has made the grade and will get a chance to show his stuff for El Tri.
Good news! Chivas USA's brightest spot in 2014, forward Erick Torres, is on the cusp of realizing a dream, after it was announced on Thursday that he has been called up to the Mexican national team by head coach Miguel Herrera for two friendlies, against Chile on September 6 at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, and September 9 against Bolivia at Dick's Sporting Goods Park.
This is the first senior team call-up for the 21-year-old, who has played at the U-17, U-20, and U-23 levels for his country in the past, most notably in the U-20 World Cup in 2011.
Torres was, unsurprisingly, the only MLS player called up to the Mexican team for the friendlies, and joins 2014 World Cup veterans Giovani Dos Santos, Javier Aquino, Andres Guardado, Guillermo Ochoa, and Hector Herrera on the Mexico roster. The remainder of Herrera's selections for the two friendlies is expected next week.
Huge congrats to Cubo on getting his first call-up to the senior team, and best of luck with El Tri next month!
What do you think? Leave a comment below!
More from sbnation.com:
- Rumor: Chivas USA trading Mauro Rosales to Vancouver Whitecaps for Nigel Reo-Coker?
- LA2 Wishlist: Let's see a real marketing push for this team in 2015
- Terrible news! MLS confirms Chivas USA to remain at StubHub Center for foreseeable future
- Chivas USA rebrand coming soon? Trademarks filed on Los Angeles SC and Los Angeles F.C.
- Maybe MLS payrolls aren't quite as far behind Liga MX's as we figured
- Chivas USA Academy: Nine players across three age groups, two countries get national team call-ups