Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic will miss the Champions League showdown against Barcelona through suspension.
Philippe Lahm, Javi Martinez and Bastian Schweinsteiger should all return to the starting line-up after being rested for Saturday's 6-1 win over Hannover, but long-term injury victims Toni Kroos (groin) and Holger Badstuber (knee) remain absent.
Lionel Messi has handed Barcelona a major boost by returning to full training after missing the last two games with a hamstring strain - though has not been given the all-clear yet.
Defenders Carles Puyol and Javier Mascherano (both knee) and Adriano (suspension) are all out so youngster Marc Bartra is likely to partner Gerard Pique in central defense.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bayern Munich has won 18 of their last 19 matches in all competitions, with the solitary defeat coming against Arsenal in the Champions League round of 16 second leg.
- The Bavarian giants have lost just one of 20 previous home encounters against Spanish opponents (W14, D5, L1).
- Bayern has won three of its six previous meetings with Barcelona in European competition (W3, D2, L1).
- Philipp Lahm, Dante and Luiz Gustavo will miss the return leg if they get booked on Tuesday night.
- The Blaugrana are on an eight-match unbeaten run on German soil stretching back to 2001. Their overall record away record against Bundesliga teams is W9, D10, L5.
- Xavi (pictured, right) has completed 1,005 passes in the Champions League this season, 470 more than any other player, at an 88% success rate.
- Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba and Alex Song will incur a ban with their next bookings.
- Sports & Recreation
- Bayern Munich
- Bastian Schweinsteiger
- Gerard Pique
- Javi Martinez
- Lionel Messi
- Javier Mascherano