Uchida, Howedes, Matip, Kolasinac
Farfan, Draxler, Bastos
Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer
Blaszczykowski, Gotze, Reus
Borussia Dortmund is flying high after Tuesday’s elimination of Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League, although with Bayern Munich 17 points clear in the Bundesliga table, die Schwarzgelben will be mostly concerned with sealing second place over the next 10 games.
Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp will be without Sven Bender in this derby as the midfielder continues his battle for full fitness, and right back Patrick Owomoyela remains sidelined and has not featured all season.
Schalke, in sixth place and 10 points adrift of its second-placed archrival, is still without goalkeeper Lars Unnerstall, who has a knee injury, while winger Ibrahim Afellay also misses out with a muscle problem.
Jens Keller will also be without central defender Kyriakos Papadopoulos, who is recovering following knee surgery, and U.S. national team midfielder Jermaine Jones is suspended.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Borussia Dortmund has won just three of its last seven matches heading into Saturday’s derby against Schalke.
- Dortmund’s 54 goals are second only to Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga.
- Last season Dortmund did the league and cup double for the first time in its history.
- Schalke drew 1-1 with Turkish champion Galatasaray in the first leg of their Champions League round of 16 tie on Feb. 20.
- Injuries have plagued Netherlands striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar so far this season, and he has scored just six goals in the Bundesliga this campaign. He notched 29 last term.
- Schalke was a 2-1 winner in Dortmund last October but has not beaten its archrival on this ground in the Bundesliga since February 2010.
- Sports & Recreation
- BORUSSIA DORTMUND
- Champions League
- Bayern Munich
- Shakhtar Donetsk