The Buffalo Bills will be without two of their best players, as both Kyle Williams and Sammy Watkins will be inactive today, the team announced. For the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Mike James and Da'Quan Bowers are the top injured players.
Inactive for Bucs: Jenkins, James, Gorrer, Sims, Bowers and Gholston.— Pat Yasinskas (@PatYazESPN) August 23, 2014
Alterraun Verner will get to make his debut for the Bucs today after missing the first to preseason games. His cornerback-playing buddy Mike Jenkins is still out as well, and a surprise addition to the group of injured players is Danny Gorrer. Running backs Mike James and Charles Sims are both missing due to injuries, with Sims projected to miss at least the first half of the regular season. That will give Jeff Demps and Bobby Rainey a lot of opportunity to stand out in the second half.
Other inactives for the Bucs are William Gholston and Da'Quan Bowers, which will give a few other defensive linemen more chances. But that may endanger Bowers' roster spot, who really needed to stand out this offseason to stick around. He's only played in the first preseason game, which is bad news for him.
Add corner Rashaan Melvin and safety Major Wright also not dressing ...— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 23, 2014
More from sbnation.com:
- Mike Evans gets in a fight at a night club - in March
- Buccaneers are impressed with Austin Seferian-Jenkins' blocking
- Why Rishaw Johnson may be starting for the Buccaneers very soon
- Buccaneers trade for guard Rishaw Johnson, send Kelcie McCray to the Chiefs
- Four key position battles for the Buccaneers against the Bills
- Predict Mike Evans' 2014 receiving yards