Palmer will take over Wes Welker's spot on the 53-man roster while he is suspended.
Broncos sign WR Nathan Palmer to active roster. Former Elkhart Central H.S. standout. Was with #colts in 2012.— Mike Chappell (@mchappell51) September 3, 2014
Broncos promote WR Nathan Palmer from practice squad to 53-man roster. He replaces Wes Welker. OL Ryan Miller added to practice squad.— Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) September 3, 2014
Palmer was targeted twice in the preseason and caught 1 pass for 7 yards. Palmer is similar in frame to Emmanuel Sanders (5'11") but weighs about 15 pounds more. He played almost exclusively outside during the preseason.
More from sbnation.com:
- Broncos trade for kicker Brandon McManus, waive Mitch Ewald
- Scouting the Broncos' new kicker Brandon McManus
- Denver Broncos Roster - Projecting the final 53
- Can kicker Mitch Ewald be the Next Man Up for the Broncos?
- Nate Irving to be used as a 3-down MLB
- Pot Roast has a message for ESPN
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football
- Nathan Palmer
- Wes Welker
- Mike Chappell