The Broncos made 11 cuts Sunday to trim their roster to 77 players.
The Denver Broncos have made their first round of roster cuts tonight. They have released a total of 11 players to trim their roster down to 77. They will have to make two more cuts before Tuesday 2 p.m. MT.
After Thursday nights game the Broncos will then trim their roster down to 53 players. After those cuts have been made the next step of the process is filling the teams 10 man Practice Squad.
Here's the 11 players released by the Denver Broncos tonight.
LB Jamar Chaney
RB Brennan Clay
WR Greg Hardin
QB Bryan Renner
DT Will Pericak
DE Chase Vaughn
RB Jerodis Williams
WR Greg Wilson
There's no big surprises here.
Offensive Tackle Winston Justice did not play at all last night, an was surpassed by Paul Cornick. Running back Brennan Clay was unimpressive during the preseason, and receivers Wilson and Hardin were longshots already because of the Broncos depth at receiver.
I'm a little surprised that Renner was cut. Figured he would get some action during the preseason finale, but it appears we'll get a heavy dose of Osweiler and Dysert.
The Broncos do have two more cuts to make, could one of them be a surprise?
More from sbnation.com:
- Peyton Manning gets flagged for taunting
- Wes Welker injury: Wes Welker suffers a concussion
- Report: Matt Prater to be suspended four games in 2014
- Broncos Texans final score: Sanders soars, Manning roars, Broncos fall 17-18
- Denver Broncos News: Horse Tracks - Odds and ends after loss to Houston
- Texans 18, Broncos 17 reactions: Five words or less
- Sports & Recreation
- Denver Broncos