Manchester United are reportedly on the brink of signing Ángel Di María
Manchester United are reportedly on the brink of landing their first genuinely world class player of the summer. According to various sources, including the Ian Ladyman of the Daily Mail and the Guardian's Daniel Taylor, Argentine international Ángel Di María is set to complete a big move from Real Madrid to Old Trafford. The most significant report comes from Sky, who claim he will put pen to paper on a deal next week:
Sky Sources: Angel Di Maria to sign for Manchester United next week. #SSNHQ— Sky Sports News HQ (@SkySportsNewsHQ) August 23, 2014
He was one of the best players on the planet last season, helping Real Madrid to their 10th Champions League title. However, the arrivals of James Rodríguez and Toni Kroos at the club have seen his place in the Merengues' starting lineup called into question. He was previously linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain earlier in the summer, though the French champions didn't meet Madrid's demands.
More from sbnation.com:
- Picture: United reveal Marcos Rojo's new shirt number
- Marcos Rojo: what everybody else is saying
- What should United expect from Marcos Rojo?
- Bayern star rejected "astronomical" United offer
- OFFICIAL: Marcos Rojo signs for Manchester United
- The silver lining of Manchester United's loss to Swansea
- Sports & Recreation
- Manchester United
- Ángel Di María
- Real Madrid