Braun again maintains his innocence

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

Milwaukee Brewers slugger Ryan Braun, responding regarding a report that he is about to be suspended, again proclaimed his innocence Tuesday.

Braun returned to Milwaukee's starting lineup Tuesday, just hours after ESPN reported that he, along with several others, is likely to be suspended next week by Major League Baseball as part of its investigation into the Biogenesis clinic. He had been sidelined since June 10 with a sore right hand, and he was activated from the disabled list Monday.

Braun spoke briefly with reporters after the game.

"The truth still hasn't changed," he said. "I'm still going to continue to respect the process and not discuss anything in the media. Beyond that, I think the vast majority of the stories that have come out are inaccurate. Aside from that, I'm not going to say anything."

Braun has been under scrutiny since it was first learned that he failed a drug test during the 2011 playoffs. He later avoided a 50-game suspension when an arbitrator ruled that there were issues with the handling of his test specimen.

When his name was linked to Biogenesis, Braun maintained that his legal team sought advice from clinic operator Tony Bosch as part of his appeal process.

"I think I'm numb to the emotions of the whole thing, I've dealt with it for so long," Braun said. "I think I do a pretty good job of not being distracted by it. The vast majority of the stories that have come out are definitely inaccurate."

"I don't really have anything else to say about it. I respect the fact that you have to ask questions about it. I get it. But, for me, I'm not going to say anything else about it."

Braun went 1-for-3 Tuesday, singling in the first inning, and was replaced by Jeff Bianchi in the seventh inning of the Brewers' 2-0 win over the Cincinnati Reds.