The Bowling Green Falcons open up their 2014 season in bowling Green, Kentucky today when they face the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. WKU is in its first season with Conference USA, having moved over from the Sun Belt after an 8-4 campaign in 2013.
The Falcons start their 2013 MAC Championship title defense run today, having gone 10-4 in 2013, including their first MAC Championship in 21 years. Bowling Green is under the helm of first-year head coach Dino Babers, who arrive at BG after two seasons as head coach of Eastern Illinois. Dave Clawson, the Falcons head coach for the past five seasons, is now the head coach of Wake Forest, having taken the job after winning the MAC Championship.
This is only the second time ever that these two programs have met on the gridiron. Bowling Green holds the series lead, 1-0, having beat WKU 41-21 in in 2007 at Doyt Perry Stadium in Bowling Green, Ohio.
The losing team's Athletic Director will have to wear the winning team's polo on the tuesday following the game as part of a friendly wager between BGSU AD Chris Kingston and WKU AD Todd Stewart.
WHEN: Friday, Aug. 29, 7:30 p.m.
TV: The game will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network starting at 7:30 p.m. Ben Holden will handle play-by-play, Kevin O'Connell will handle color, and Courtney Fallon is handling sideline duties.
RADIO: Falcons fans can hear the game on WFRO 99.1 FM in Fremont. Ohio, as well as on BSGUFalcons.com.
STREAMING: You can stream the game live, online, via CBS Sports Network's site. A valid cable subscription may be required.
ODDS: Early odds have
More from sbnation.com:
- The Battle of the Bowling Greens: Which City Is Best?
- Get Your 2014 MAC Football Media Guides Here
- Phillip Ely Is the New Toledo Starting Quarterback
- Akron Opens Its Season At Home vs. Howard. Is This a Trap Game?
- The Preseason MAC Football Power Rankings Are Out. Who's No. 1?
- CMU Opens Up At Home vs. Chattanooga: A Preview
- NIU To Tune Up vs. Presbyterian Blue Hose
- Picking Thursday's Games Against the Spread
- Defining #MACtion