The Cincinnati Bengals held a workout for wide receiver Jacoby Ford, according to Aaron Wilson with the National Football Post. Ford, who previously played for the New York Jets and Oakland Raiders, was released on Aug. 24 when the Jets were trimming their roster to 75 players.
Ford's best season came in 2010 when he posted 25 receptions, 470 yards receiving, two receiving touchdowns, two rushing touchdowns and three touchdown returns on special teams. Current Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson was Oakland's offensive coordinator that year and their head coach the following season.
Cincinnati also held a workout with former Atlanta Falcons tight end Brian Wozniak, a product of Loveland high school. Wozniak, who stands at 6-foot-4 and 255 pounds, was an undrafted free agent out of Wisconsin and generated six receptions in 2013.
It's unknown when the workouts actually happened, but we can say with some quality guesswork that they occurred between Aug. 27 and Aug. 30.
More from sbnation.com:
- Cincinnati Bengals 53-Man Roster
- BenJarvus Green-Ellis cut by Cincinnati Bengals
- Cincinnati Bengals release DT Devon Still
- Bengals release Danieal Manning
- Running Transactions For Cincinnati Bengals on Cutdown Day
- Bengals release Nikita Whitlock and Orson Charles
- Cincinnati Bengals released Trevor Robinson
- American Football
- Sports & Recreation
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Jacoby Ford
- Jacoby Jones
- Oakland Raiders