Today's early season matchup sees the seventh placed team in the division take on the eighth, and if there is a winner, that side could potentially go third with the right results. When these two teams met last May, Villa won 3-1, but Hull had already secured safety and were thinking about the FA Cup Final. That won't be the case today, so expect a closer game.
Join us in the comments, as this is also the match open thread!
More from sbnation.com:
- Aston Villa linked with Manchester United midfielder
- Instant recap of Villa drooling all over themselves in loss
- Cause for concern? Who should be in the Villa team?
- Fabian Delph England call confirmed
- Hodgson finally names Delph to England squad
- Aston Villa vs. Leyton Orient League Cup CONFIRMED Lineups
- Sports & Recreation
- Aston Villa
- Hull City
- Fabian Delph