Yes, ESPN is talking about Michael Sam and showering at Rams Park.
Will Michael Sam make the St. Louis Rams final roster or not? It's a legitimate question, one worth asking of any player this time of year, especially one who could be the first openly gay player on an active NFL roster. So, of course, what's ESPN reporting on today? Michael Sam and his teammates' showering habits.
The video, as you can see, isn't as salacious as it sounded on Twitter. The anchor asks how Sam and his teammates are adjusting. Reporter Josina Anderson brings up the showering part because it's what one anonymous defensive player told her.
So, it's not as dumb as it sounded in 140-character increments (surprisingly enough). It's not exactly the apex of quality journalism, even for television. Mostly, it's just weird, another example of someone (the anonymous player) and a need for some outlets to recount every last piece of gossipy minutiae.
More from sbnation.com:
- Sam Bradford Is Out For The Season With A Torn ACL
- Mark Sanchez not interested in reunion with Schottenheimer
- Fisher shoots down trade rumors
- St. Louis Rams: Shake Off Those Injury Blues
- Chris Long, Jake Long react to Sam Bradford's injury
- Trumaine Johnson out 4-6 weeks
- Michael Sam, meet Johnny Manziel
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football
- Michael Sam
- St. Louis Rams
- Sam Bradford