The Cincinnati Bengals will once again be down several starters in a preseason game.
This time, they'll be without offensive tackle Andre Smith, cornerback Darqueze Dennard, guard Trey Hopkins, receiver James Wright, QB Tyler Wilson, tight end Tyler Eifert, and running backs Rex Burkhead, Cedric Peerman and BenJarvus Green-Ellis.
This is becoming concerning with Smith, who's missed all four preseason games with a concussion, though he's been practicing. The same goes for Eifert and his shoulder injury, as well as Dennard's hip injury. Hopefully, all of them return Week 1 vs. the Baltimore Ravens.
With Green-Ellis and Burkhead out, Jeremy Hill and James Wilder Jr. figure to get the most action they've gotten this preseason tonight vs. Arizona. Wilder is still trying to secure a spot on the practice squad, though there is still a small chance he cracks the 53-man roster.
As for Eifert being out, Jermaine Gresham starters at TE while Ryan Hewitt will start at H-back.
More from sbnation.com:
- NFL Preseason Roster Cut Tracker 2014
- Steelers won't punish Le'Veon Bell or LeGarrette Blount; Will play vs Panthers
- Bengals vs Cardinals: Biggest Dress Rehearsal Disappointments
- Josh Gordon goes all in, but loses appeal; Will miss 2014 NFL Season
- Film Room: Russell Bodine continues to get pushed around
- 2014 Cincinnati Bengals Player Previews
- Bengals Roster Cuts: 75-Man Roster set; Must be 53 by Saturday
- Dennard, Green-Ellis, Gresham dealing with injuries and ailments