The Italian coach spoke to the media the day before Real Madrid kick-off their Liga BBVA season against Córdoba.
He feels well, and he's available. He can play. His pre-season needed specific work, and that's why he's struggling a bit more right now. But this next week will be good for him to improve his condition.
Ángel Di María did not train with Real Madrid today, and Ancelotti explained why.
Di María came this morning but didn't train. it's not official yet, but he came t say good-bye and wish him good luck for the future. I had a good relationship with him, we have some good replacements. This was his decision, the club tried to have him here, but he decided otherwise.
Sami Khedira will be staying with Real Madrid, Ancelotti announced.
Di María's saga is resolved, and Khedira's is too. He is going to stay with us and that's why we will have one more player tomorrow, which is obviously good news for us.
Ancelotti did not say who will be Real Madrid's goalkeeper this Monday.
The roster improves with Keylor, Kroos and James because they will bring the excitement of new players arriving to the player but also a lot of quality. We played two games against a very solid team, I don't think this team will have problems to score goals.
More from sbnation.com:
- Manchester United closing in on €70 million move for Di Maria
- James Rodríguez excellent game against Atlético de Madrid
- Five Takeaways from Real Madrid's Supercopa Defeat
- Ancelotti: "Di María didn't play because I didn't need him"
- Atlético de Madrid Vs Real Madrid, 2014 Spanish Supercup: Player ratings
- Atlético de Madrid vs Real Madrid, 2014 Spanish Supercup: RM Lose the Supercup to a Superior Atleti (1-0)
- Sports & Recreation
- Real Madrid
- Atlético de Madrid
- Ángel Di María