More in this article:
Nevin Shapiro on Nogueras: Play audio
- Position: Assistant equipment manager
- Miami career: Nogueras has served as an assistant equipment manager for the Hurricanes for several years.
Miami booster Nevin Shapiro alleges Ralph Nogueras witnessed him committing multiple NCAA violations with Hurricanes football players. Among Shapiro's allegations:
• Nogueras encountered Shapiro in nightclubs on multiple occasions with Hurricanes football players.
• Nogueras witnessed Hurricanes players being entertained in his $6 million Miami Beach mansion on multiple occasions.
In Shapiro's words
• "I met Ralph Nogueras through the equipment room and via Sean Allen. Ralph was in my house a number of times and met me at the clubs on occasion. During both of those types of sequences, I was with student athletes from the football program."
Nevin Shapiro's cell phone providers condensed his calling records from 2002 to 2008 and deleted the booster's text messaging records prior to 2009. Despite a significant portion of his records being expunged, Yahoo! Sports was able to identify 179 calls or texts between Shapiro and Ralph Nogueras from May 2006 to March 2009. This is a page showing communication between the booster and a phone number linked to Nogueras. PDF file
Could not be reached for comment.