More in this article:
Nevin Shapiro on Robinson: Play audio
- Position: Defensive end
- Rivals recruiting rank: Ranked as the No. 65 player overall in the Class of 2008.
- Miami career: Robinson has been a solid rotational player and occasional starter for the Hurricanes at defensive end, notching 10½ sacks in three seasons. He is expected to be a key platoon player again as a senior this season.
Miami booster Nevin Shapiro alleges he provided a handful of extra benefits to Marcus Robinson during his career with the Hurricanes. Among the benefits he claimed to have provided:
• A dinner at Japanese steakhouse Benihana and drinks, VIP access and entertainment at The Cheetah in 2008.
• Food, drinks and entertainment at Shapiro's $6 million mansion on at least one occasion.
• One source corroborated Robinson and other Miami players receiving a dinner at Benihana and a strip club visit to The Cheetah in 2008 which was paid by Shapiro.
In Shapiro's words
• "I met him probably about three or four times. He was in my house once or twice. I do remember one time he was in the strip joint with us at the Cheetah. Not a long relationship with him, but he was certainly around a few of the situations."
Did not return a message sent to his Facebook page.