More in this article:
Nevin Shapiro and a second source said this photo of the booster and Kellen Winslow Jr. was taken in Shapiro's VIP section of Opium Garden nightclub in 2003.
Nevin Shapiro on Winslow Jr.: Play audio
Miami booster Nevin Shapiro alleges he provided Kellen Winslow Jr. with multiple extra benefits during the player's career with the Hurricanes. Among the benefits he claimed to have provided:
- Kellen Winslow Jr.
- Position: Tight end
- Rivals recruiting rank: Unranked. Rated by SuperPrep as the No. 41 player overall in California in the Class of 2001.
- Miami career: A talented player who quickly developed into the best tight end in college football by his sophomore season. He led the Hurricanes in receiving as a junior, then was selected by the Cleveland Browns with the sixth pick in the 2004 NFL draft. He is a starter for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
• Entertainment on Shapiro's $1.6 million yacht and personal watercraft.
• Drinks and VIP access in nightclubs.
• Shapiro said he also paid cash to fix damage Winslow inflicted by crashing one of the booster's personal watercraft into another boat.
• One source corroborated Winslow crashing one of Shapiro's personal watercraft into a boat.
• Two sources corroborated Winslow receiving drinks and VIP access from Shapiro in nightclubs. Yahoo! Sports also acquired a photo of Winslow in Shapiro's VIP section at Opium Garden nightclub in 2003.
In Shapiro's words
• "Kellen Winslow Jr. was introduced to me the first time on my boat. I forgot who introduced him to me or was providing for him to come by. I think it was Antrel Rolle. I'm pretty sure it was. Kellen came to the boat [and] went out with us. There was one incident where he was on a jet ski and he hit another boat. Luckily, we were able to get him out of that situation and I didn't have any problems."
• "He was part of the club scene, as I have a picture of me and him, with a bottle of champagne in my hand with my arm around him and a lollipop in my mouth. … I don't remember cash payouts to him."
Nevin Shapiro said this photo was taken in the summer of 2003 in the lounge of his $1.6 million yacht. Seated from left to right are D.J. Williams, Kellen Winslow Jr. and then-Nebraska defensive end Benard Thomas.
Nevin Shapiro said he took this Biscayne Bay photo on the back of his $1.6 million yacht in the summer of 2003. Pictured from left to right are D.J. Williams, Kellen Winslow Jr. and then-Nebraska defensive end Benard Thomas.
Photos special to Yahoo! Sports
Could not be reached for comment.