Nevin Shapiro on Ojomo: Play audio
Miami booster Nevin Shapiro alleges he provided a handful of extra benefits to Adewale Ojomo during his career at Miami. Among the benefits he claimed to have provided:
• A dinner at Smith & Wollensky for Ojomo and a female companion in 2009.
• Food, drinks and entertainment at Shapiro's $6 million Miami Beach mansion.
• Drinks and VIP access provided by Shapiro on multiple nightclub visits.
• One source corroborated Ojomo attending at least one party where he received food, drinks and entertainment at Shapiro's mansion.
In Shapiro's words
• "I really took to him. He was in my house a number of times. I took him – specifically him and a girl – to dinner. He met me at Smith & Wollensky’s on a particular Sunday night. He was I believe medical redshirted for that season [in 2009] because he just couldn’t gain the weight back from [a] broken jaw incident."
• "We had a mutual bond which was his cousin, whose name is Akin Ayodele. [Akin] was playing in the NFL [for the Miami Dolphins] at the time."
Did not return messages left on his phone and Facebook pages.