Do you approve of the Chiefs decision to give Alex Smith a 4-year, $68 million extension?
The Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday gave quarterback Alex Smith a 4-year, $68 million extension that includes $45 million in guarantees, according to the KC Star. This would put Smith under contract through the 2018 season.
The pros of this deal are that is firms the Chiefs quarterback position up with Smith and the Chiefs not having to worry about who will be the quarterback next season. Once we see the structure of the contract we can determine if that is a positive, too.
The cons of this deal just depend on how you view Alex Smith. If you see him as a game manager who is just along for the ride, you're probably not excited about signing him to a $17 million per year extension.
This topic has been hotly debated ever since Smith came to Kansas City. Let's put this up to a vote. Do you approve?
More from sbnation.com:
- Breaking: Chiefs sign Alex Smith to 4-year, $68 million extension
- Updating: Chiefs practice squad and waiver wire tracker
- Chiefs cut 17 players, send Tyler Bray to IR
- Chiefs practice squad coming on Sunday (rules and eligibility)
- De'Anthony Thomas will wear No. 13
- Santos over Succop: Good or bad decision?