The roster stands at 53 players. How much will it change over the next few days?
The Arizona Cardinals officially have made the necessary roster moves to trim their roster to the required 53 players. They announced their 22 roster moves after a long wait.
Some of the names were already previously reported. But here is the official list.
They released 20 players.
- RB Zach Bauman
- LB Marcus Benard
- G Philip Blake
- LB Jonathan Brown
- WR Dan Buckner
- C John Estes
- DT Bruce Gaston
- WR Brittan Golden
- TE Andre Hardy
- CB Jimmy Legree
- CB Bryan McCann
- T Kelvin Palmer
- RB Jalen Parmele
- DT Isaac Sopoaga
- G Anthony Steen
- S Curtis Taylor
- LB Adrian Tracy
- DT Christian Tupou
- S Anthony Walters
- CB Teddy Williams
Are there any surprises? With Nate Potter getting the injury settlement, no. Bradley Sowell will be the backup swing tackle, at least for now. Perhaps the biggest surprise was only keeping five four cornerbacks.
The team does keep six receivers, electing to keep sixth round pick Walt Powell.
Veteran linebacker Desmond Bishop also makes the team.
This does not mean that everyone on the roster is safe. The waiver wire and other free agent signings will change things over the next few days.
More from sbnation.com:
- 2014 NFL roster cuts: Arizona Cardinals reportedly begin moves, letting Isaac Sopoaga and other go
- Veteran linebacker James Harrison announces retirement after not agreeing to deal with Cardinals
- 2014 NFL roster cuts: Add S Curtis Taylor and RB Jalen Parmele to the Arizona Cardinals cuts
- Arizona Cardinals roster cuts and other moves
- 2014 NFL roster cuts: Arizona Cardinals reportedly released Bryan McCann
- Arizona Cardinals roster tracker: Cuts, signings and practice squad
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football
- Arizona Cardinals