Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid are expected to top a deep list of talented American college players in the 2014 NBA draft. Australia's Dante Exum will likely join them in the top-five picks.
Exum leads Yahoo Sports' list of international prospects for this year's NBA draft. One scout for an NBA team said there could be as many as six international players selected in the first round this year.
1. Dante Exum, Australia, G, 6-foot-6, 188 pounds: Scout's take – "He's an NBA athlete with a great motor. Exum is a point-forward-type guard who has great change of pace and direction. He owns a very good handle, but his shot is streaky."
2. Dario Saric, Croatia, F, 6-10, 233: Saric currently is being represented by his father while looking for a new agent. There's a "50-50 chance" he will be in the NBA draft. Scout's take – "Dario is very tall for a forward and has a good feel for the game. Can really score and pass the ball. He has great basketball instincts."
3. Jusuf Nurcik, Bosnia, C, 6-11, 280: Scout's take – "He has good post moves and is a solid back-to-the-basket center. He has improved skills from last year."
4. Clint Capela, France, F, 6-10, 211: Scout's take – "Clint is one of the most athletic power forwards in the draft. The best way to describe him is a European Amir Johnson."
5. Bogdan Bogdanovic, Serbia, G, 6-6, 200: Scout's take – "He is similar to Denver Nuggets guard Evan Fournier. Bogdan has an excellent feel for scoring and is a very crafty guard."
6. Vasilije Micic, Serbia, G, 6-4, 188: Scout's take – "Tall point guard who is similar [is] Jose Calderon. A good floor general. He is a late first or possible stash pick. He has room for tremendous amount of improvement."
7. Walter Tavares, Cape Verde, C, 7-2, 265: Scout's take – "He's raw, but he runs well and blocks shots all over the floor. A stash pick. He has unlimited potential. He's athletic, but still needs to learn how to play."
8. Ondrej Balvin, Spain, C, 7-2, 231: Scout's take – "He's a big who could sneak into the late first with his production in ACB in Spain. He's a defensive post player like Omer Asik. He's really improved. A sleeper."
9. Alessandro Gentile, Italy, G-F, 6-7, 230: Scout's take – "Not great foot speed, but he is a tough and strong shooting guard. He's similar to Carlos Delfino. He can make shots and drives well to basket."
10. Mouhammadou Jaiteh, France, C, 6-11, 249: Scout's take – "Very raw. A rebounder. Doesn't know how to play the game real well. He's big and strong in the post. Someone will like him in the second round."
More NBA coverage from Yahoo Sports:
- Sports & Recreation
- Dante Exum