The Preakness schedule leading up to big race is packed with many things to do for Maryland visitors and for those tuning in via television.
Ahead of the second leg of the Triple Crown horse racing event, featuring Orb, Mylute, Departing and Goldencents (top favorites), Pimlico has a litany of things to do from tours to an exciting concert series featuring a line of Billboard artists.
The Preakness schedule of events on Friday at Pimlico Race Course
So, you've had breakfast, attended the daily barn tours and gotten an autograph from your favorite jockey ahead of the Preakness race. Now, it's time for Black-Eyed Susan Day at Pimlico.
As one of the course's oldest stakes race (since 1919), BESD, as it's affectionately called, is the second leg of the filly Triple Crown. The BESD is a 13-race program that includes the $30,000 Battle of the Sexes Jockey Challenge with eight top riders and the Lady Legends for the Cure IV Race, the $500,000 Black-Eyed Susan Stakes and the $300,000 Pimlico Special. Proceeds benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Here's more:- The People's Pink Party kicks off
- The BESD infield concert series features Goo Goo Dolls, Rachel Farley and Rodney Atkins
- Handicapping sessions, photos and autographs continue throughout the day
- Ticket prices for all May 17 concerts are $25
- Visit www.blackeyedsusanday.com or call 877-206-8042 for more information
Preakness Infield Fest on Saturday, May 18 (race day)
The day begins with Afrojack opening the main stage with a mix of electronic dance for the region's largest party. Next, international sensation Pitbull and hip-hop duo Mackelmore and Ryan Lewis take the stage for live performances.
On the Jägermeister stage, the lineup includes Chevelle, Florida Georgia Line & Kristen and The Noise.
Admission is $60. Discounted admission tickets are no longer available.
The Preakness dining: Where to eat at Pimlico Race Course?- The Terrace Dining Room: The four-star restaurant features a special menu on BESD and a regular menu on race day. Both have continental breakfast selections, an open bar and main buffet with a mix of American fare. BESD buffet is $90/person and $295/person on race day.
- Hall of Fame Room: It's an extension of the Terrace, but in a casual setting. Menu prices: BESD buffet is $65/person and $165 on race day.
- Sports Palace: A relaxed and casual dining option for those who want to enjoy live or simulcast horse racing. BESD buffet is $50 and $125 on race day.
- Advance reservations are suggested. Call (301) 470-5428.
Preakness Stakes 2013 TV schedule Friday, May 17 on NBC Sports Network (all times ET)- Preakness Classics airs 3 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Black Eyed Susan Stakes airs 4 p.m.-5 p.m.
Preakness Stakes 2013 TV schedule Saturday, May 18- Preakness Stakes Saturday airs 2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. (NBC Sports Network) - Preakness Stakes Saturday airs 4:30 p.m -6:30 p.m. (NBC)
- Preakness Post-Race Show airs 6:30 p.m.-7 p.m. (NBC Sports Network)
When is the 138th Preakness Stakes 2013 horse race? May 18, 2013
What time is the Preakness Stakes post time? 6:05 p.m. ET.
Pimlico Race Course Address/Contact
5201 Park Heights Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21215
Tel: (410) 542-9400 or (877) 206-8042
- Sports & Recreation
- Arts & Entertainment
- Preakness Stakes
- Pimlico Race Course