KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP)—Alexia Standish scored 25 points, including 6 of 9 3-pointers, and No. 22 Texas A&M pulled away late in the second half to handle Kansas 78-63 on Thursday night, advancing to the Big 12 Women’s Championship semifinal.
The Aggies scored 11 unanswered points that concluded with 3:24 remaining to transform an eight-point advantage into a 73-54 cushion. Kansas would get no closer than 15 for the remainder and lost by the same margin.
Kansas sliced an eight-point deficit to 52-49 with 12:10 remaining on a layup by Aishah Sutherland, but Texas A&M countered with six straight points. The Jayhawks remained within striking distance until the Aggies sparked an 11-0 run six minutes later.
Sydney Carter scored 18 points and Kelsey Bone added 16 for the Aggies; both players grabbed seven rebounds apiece.
Angel Goodrich led Kansas with 21 points to compliment nine assists.
- Oklahoma defeats Oklahoma State 66-56
- Stewart scores 29, top-ranked UConn beats USF 88-65
- Seton Hall ranked again; UConn still No. 1 in AP poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Massengale helps No. 6 Lady Vols breeze past Vandy 79-49
- No. 16 Duke women earn wild 81-80 win over No. 15 UNC
- No. 4 Notre Dame women beat NC State 67-60
- No. 11 Mississippi State women beat Ole Miss 55-47
- No. 6 Baylor women end regular season 75-65 over Texas Tech
- At 27-3, Florida State looking like postseason threat
- UConn still No. 1 in women's basketball poll
- No. 13 Kentucky women topple No. 2 South Carolina 67-56
- Hempen leads No. 10 Arizona State women past Colorado, 59-46
- Oregon women upset No. 19 Stanford 62-55
- No. 9 Florida State closes ACC slate, tops rival Miami 69-55
- Randolph, Imovbioh lead Virginia past No. 8 Louisville 75-59