KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP)—Alexia Standish scored 25 points, including 6 of 9 3-pointers, and No. 22 Texas A&M pulled away late in the second half to handle Kansas 78-63 on Thursday night, advancing to the Big 12 Women’s Championship semifinal.
The Aggies scored 11 unanswered points that concluded with 3:24 remaining to transform an eight-point advantage into a 73-54 cushion. Kansas would get no closer than 15 for the remainder and lost by the same margin.
Kansas sliced an eight-point deficit to 52-49 with 12:10 remaining on a layup by Aishah Sutherland, but Texas A&M countered with six straight points. The Jayhawks remained within striking distance until the Aggies sparked an 11-0 run six minutes later.
Sydney Carter scored 18 points and Kelsey Bone added 16 for the Aggies; both players grabbed seven rebounds apiece.
Angel Goodrich led Kansas with 21 points to compliment nine assists.
- No. 7 Oregon State women rout USC 68-35
- Bulgak leads No. 9 Florida State women past Georgia Tech
- No. 8 Louisville women beat No. 23 Syracuse 78-58
- No. 18 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 69-44
- No. 20 Iowa women break record for 3s, beat Northwestern
- No. 15 Nebraska women hold off Illinois, 59-57
- No. 14 Texas women edge No. 24 Oklahoma 84-81 in 2OT
- Stevens and Chidom lead No. 17 Duke women over Pitt 62-45
- No. 25 Chattanooga women cruise past Mercer 71-59
- Berntsen leads No. 19 Princeton women past Harvard 96-46
- No. 6 Tennessee women eke out 73-72 win over No. 10 Kentucky
- Westbeld leads No. 4 Notre Dame women past Va Tech 74-50
- No. 5 Maryland wins 12th straight, 91-65 over Michigan
- No. 1 South Carolina women cruise past Alabama 85-54
- No. 22 Rutgers women beats Purdue 58-49
- Stokes triple-double leads Huskies over East Carolina 87-32