No. 19 St. Bonaventure women beat Saint Joseph’sSunday, Mar 4, 2012
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Megan Van Tatenhove scored 27 points and Jessica Jenkins added 22 as No. 19 St. Bonaventure cruised past Saint Joseph’s 78-52 on Sunday in the Atlantic 10 Conference tournament’s semifinal round.
The Bonnies (29-2), the top seed in the tournament, advanced to the A-10 finals on Monday for the first time in program history. With the win, St. Bonaventure also extended its best-ever winning streak to 18 straight games.
This one was never really in doubt, as the Bonnies never trailed.
The Hawks stayed close early on, but Jenkins, who hit four 3-pointers in the game, knocked down a jumper and then a trey to turn a three-point Bonnies lead midway through the first half into 13-point halftime edge thanks to a 14-4 run.
The Bonnies then outscored the Hawks 45-32 in the second half to seal it.
Michelle Baker had 22 points to pace the fifth-seeded Hawks (21-10).
- No. 3 Baylor women win 18th in row, 89-67 at TCU
- Oklahoma unbeaten in Big 12, moves into Top 25
- Wilson's 18 lead No. 1 South Carolina to 79-61 victory
- Chattanooga's in Top 25, Gamecocks still No. 1 in poll
- Thompson, No. 11 Stanford women beat USC 71-60
- Williams, No. 15 Duke women beat No. 12 UNC 74-67 in OT
- Oregon St takes over first in Pac-12 with 68-57 win over ASU
- No. 14 Kentucky women outlasts Missouri 83-69
- Ex-UNC athletes: Lawsuit aims to protect college athletes
- No. 18 Mississippi St. women beat Auburn for 21st win, 59-48
- No. 25 Chattanooga women enter poll, hold down Samford 49-32
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Hines-Allen helps No. 4 Louisville beat Miami 68-55
- Moody helps Iowa State upend No. 8 Texas 58-57
- No. 7 Maryland remains unbeaten in Big Ten with 84-74 win
- No. 2 UConn women win 17th straight, 96-31 over Cincinnati