No. 19 St. Bonaventure women beat Saint Joseph’sSunday, Mar 4, 2012
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Megan Van Tatenhove scored 27 points and Jessica Jenkins added 22 as No. 19 St. Bonaventure cruised past Saint Joseph’s 78-52 on Sunday in the Atlantic 10 Conference tournament’s semifinal round.
The Bonnies (29-2), the top seed in the tournament, advanced to the A-10 finals on Monday for the first time in program history. With the win, St. Bonaventure also extended its best-ever winning streak to 18 straight games.
This one was never really in doubt, as the Bonnies never trailed.
The Hawks stayed close early on, but Jenkins, who hit four 3-pointers in the game, knocked down a jumper and then a trey to turn a three-point Bonnies lead midway through the first half into 13-point halftime edge thanks to a 14-4 run.
The Bonnies then outscored the Hawks 45-32 in the second half to seal it.
Michelle Baker had 22 points to pace the fifth-seeded Hawks (21-10).
- Maryland uses versatility to earn return trip to Final Four
- Breanna Stewart, Jewell Loyd top AP women's All-America team
- Four No. 1 seeds in the women's Final Four
- Connecticut governor: move '16 Final Four unless law changes
- Hurting Baylor women expect to be bigger, better next season
- Notre Dame beats Baylor, advances to 5th straight Final Four
- Lady Vols fall just short of reaching Final Four once again
- Maryland knocks off Tennessee 58-48 in regional final
- UConn reaches 8th straight Final Four with win over Dayton
- McGraw appreciates Notre Dame women's run more than ever
- Mitchell sends South Carolina women to 1st Final Four
- South Carolina earns 1st Final Four berth, beats FSU 80-74