No. 19 St. Bonaventure women beat Saint Joseph’sSunday, Mar 4, 2012
PHILADELPHIA (AP) Megan Van Tatenhove scored 27 points and Jessica Jenkins added 22 as No. 19 St. Bonaventure cruised past Saint Joseph’s 78-52 on Sunday in the Atlantic 10 Conference tournament’s semifinal round.
The Bonnies (29-2), the top seed in the tournament, advanced to the A-10 finals on Monday for the first time in program history. With the win, St. Bonaventure also extended its best-ever winning streak to 18 straight games.
This one was never really in doubt, as the Bonnies never trailed.
The Hawks stayed close early on, but Jenkins, who hit four 3-pointers in the game, knocked down a jumper and then a trey to turn a three-point Bonnies lead midway through the first half into 13-point halftime edge thanks to a 14-4 run.
The Bonnies then outscored the Hawks 45-32 in the second half to seal it.
Michelle Baker had 22 points to pace the fifth-seeded Hawks (21-10).
- FGCU holds off Stetson for A-Sun title, 72-70
- Wright State wins women's Horizon title
- James Madison tops Delaware 70-45 to win CAA
- Western Kentucky wins women's Sun Belt final
- Army women beat Holy Cross to win Patriot League
- Cal State Northridge women win Big West
- Hampton beats Coppin State 50-47 for MEAC title
- Akron wins first MAC title, 79-68 over Ball State
- Wichita State women beat Drake in Missouri Valley
- Northwestern St wins women's Southland title
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- No. 22 Middle Tennessee women win C-USA title
- Idaho reaches NCAAs with 75-67 win for WAC title
- Buck, UND women earn first berth to Div I tourney
- Prairie View women upset Texas Southern 63-58
- Ball State women upset No. 25 Bowling Green 73-55