Nadirah McKenith added 15 points for the Red Storm (22-8), which held Louisville to two free throws and a late 3-pointer by Shoni Schimmel in the extra period.
Schimmel had 11 of her 16 points in the first half for Louisville (22-9), and Antonita Slaughter also scored 16 for the Cardinals.
St. John’s led as many as nine in the second half, before Louisville rallied to send the game to overtime tied at 56.
St. John’s has won nine straight and ended UConn’s 99-game home winning streak on Feb. 18.
- Rebuilding Alabama-Auburn share youth, last place in SEC
- Brunner's late layup leads No. 10 Arizona St women past Utah
- No. 14 Princeton women take control early, beat Yale 67-49
- No. 6 Lady Vols beat slumping Georgia 70-59
- No. 19 Stanford women defeat No. 7 Oregon State 69-58
- No. 13 Kentucky women snap 3-game skid, beat Arkansas 56-51
- No. 4 Notre Dame women top Pitt 87-59, clinch share of ACC
- No. 5 Maryland beats Indiana 83-72 for 20th straight win
- Lady Vols coach Warlick has broken bone in right wrist
- No. 12 Texas A&M loses Jones for season
- No. 2 South Carolina seeking steadiness after SEC crown
- No. 24 California women beat Oregon 74-59
- No. 8 Louisville cruises past Boston College 77-60
- Late 3 lifts Missouri women over No. 12 Texas A&M 70-69
- No. 25 Northwestern women wallop No. 20 Rutgers 80-60
- No. 9 Seminoles beat NC State 72-52