HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) Shenneika Smith scored 24 points and No. 18 St. John’s beat No. 20 Louisville 68-61 in overtime Sunday in the quarterfinals of the Big East tournament.
Nadirah McKenith added 15 points for the Red Storm (22-8), which held Louisville to two free throws and a late 3-pointer by Shoni Schimmel in the extra period.
Schimmel had 11 of her 16 points in the first half for Louisville (22-9), and Antonita Slaughter also scored 16 for the Cardinals.
St. John’s led as many as nine in the second half, before Louisville rallied to send the game to overtime tied at 56.
The second-seeded Red Storm will face Connecticut in the semifinals. UConn beat Rutgers 49-34.
St. John’s has won nine straight and ended UConn’s 99-game home winning streak on Feb. 18.
- SDakota women top Denver 82-71 for trip to NCAA
- West Virginia falls short in Big 12 title game
- Davis, Sims lead Baylor to Big 12 women's title
- Chattanooga tops Davidson for SoCon women's title
- No. 18 Gonzaga women reach title game, 68-60
- Marist women top Quinnipiac, 9th MAAC title in row
- UConn, Notre Dame still top 2 in AP women's poll
- No. 2 ND routs No. 10 Duke 69-53 for ACC title
- Louisville's Schimmels inspire Native Americans
- No. 23 DePaul women advance to title game, 100-90
- UConn women rout Louisville 72-52 to win AAC title
- No. 1 seed Albany beats Stony Brook 70-46 in AEast
- Santa Clara lets women's coach go after 6 seasons
- BALLOT BREAKDOWN: UConn still No. 1
- USC rallies past Oregon St 71-62 for Pac-12 title
- Women's hoops coach Patterson fired by Kansas St