Nadirah McKenith added 15 points for the Red Storm (22-8), which held Louisville to two free throws and a late 3-pointer by Shoni Schimmel in the extra period.
Schimmel had 11 of her 16 points in the first half for Louisville (22-9), and Antonita Slaughter also scored 16 for the Cardinals.
St. John’s led as many as nine in the second half, before Louisville rallied to send the game to overtime tied at 56.
St. John’s has won nine straight and ended UConn’s 99-game home winning streak on Feb. 18.
- Baylor-Notre Dame Preview
- UConn steamrolls past Texas 105-54, reaches regional final
- Guards key to advancement in women's NCAA Tournament
- FSU women reach Elite Eight by beating Arizona St, 66-65
- South Carolina holds off North Carolina 67-65 in NCAAs
- Duke-Maryland Preview
- Texas-UConn Preview
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview
- Seventh-seed Dayton beats Louisville 82-66
- No. 1 seed Gamecocks, No. 2 Seminoles meet in regional final
- Notre Dame beats Stanford 81-60, advances to Elite Eight
- Agbuke's career game leads No. 2-seed Baylor over Iowa 81-66
- Gonzaga-Tennessee Preview
- Dayton-Louisville Preview
- East Tennessee State extends Brittney Ezell's contract
- Arizona St.-Florida St. Preview