Nadirah McKenith added 15 points for the Red Storm (22-8), which held Louisville to two free throws and a late 3-pointer by Shoni Schimmel in the extra period.
Schimmel had 11 of her 16 points in the first half for Louisville (22-9), and Antonita Slaughter also scored 16 for the Cardinals.
St. John’s led as many as nine in the second half, before Louisville rallied to send the game to overtime tied at 56.
St. John’s has won nine straight and ended UConn’s 99-game home winning streak on Feb. 18.
- Bulgak leads No. 9 Florida State women past Georgia Tech
- No. 8 Louisville women beat No. 23 Syracuse 78-58
- No. 18 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 69-44
- No. 20 Iowa women break record for 3s, beat Northwestern
- No. 15 Nebraska women hold off Illinois, 59-57
- No. 14 Texas women edge No. 24 Oklahoma 84-81 in 2OT
- Stevens and Chidom lead No. 17 Duke women over Pitt 62-45
- No. 6 Lady Vols seeking rare road victory over top-10 foe
- Berntsen leads No. 19 Princeton women past Harvard 96-46
- No. 6 Tennessee women eke out 73-72 win over No. 10 Kentucky
- Westbeld leads No. 4 Notre Dame women past Va Tech 74-50
- No. 5 Maryland wins 12th straight, 91-65 over Michigan
- No. 1 South Carolina women cruise past Alabama 85-54
- No. 22 Rutgers women beats Purdue 58-49
- Stokes triple-double leads Huskies over East Carolina 87-32
- Louisville's Walz seeks 200th career win vs No. 23 Syracuse