SEATTLE (AP)—Regina Rogers had a double-double of 22 points and 11 rebounds as the Huskies downed UCLA 67-59 on Saturday.
Washington (15-12, 7-10 Pac-12) never trailed in the second half and only trailed once in the entire game, which was early in the first half, en route to a convincing win.
The Huskies maximized their lead, 61-47, with 1:08 remaining on a 3-pointer by Jazmine Davis, who scored 18 points. The Bruins (14-14, 9-8) answered with a 3-pointer by Rebekah Gardner to get within 11, but the deficit proved to be too much to overcome and UCLA would get no closer than eight, which was also the final margin.
Markel Walker led with 20 points and Thea Lemberger added 15 for UCLA. Gardner scored 10.
Both teams shot poorly from the field, combining for a 35.6 percent clip.
- No. 16 Oregon State women rally in 71-55 win over S Illinois
- No. 9 Baylor women beat No. 19 Syracuse 74-72
- Johnson leads No. 9 Baylor to win over Syracuse
- No. 7 Stanford, No. 11 Lady Vols in unfamiliar positions
- Moore, No. 10 Louisville beat Grand Canyon 65-51
- Lauren Hill to become honorary coach
- Chattanooga women stun No. 7 Stanford 54-46
- Williams leads No. 13 Duke past Oklahoma 92-72
- No. 2 UConn women beat No. 25 DePaul 98-64
- Gray leads No. 6 North Carolina to 65-36 victory
- No. 13 Duke women crush Mass-Lowell 95-48
- Parity abounds among women's hoops elite
- No. 19 Oklahoma State holds off Weber State women 55-49
- Enemkpali leads No. 3 Texas to win over McNeese
- No. 1 South Carolina rolls over Hampton, 69-49
- Northern Michigan suspends coach for cheat remark