PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Megan Van Tatenhove led five players in double figures with 13 points and St. Bonaventure pulled away in the second half on Saturday, beating La Salle 68-53 in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic 10 Women’s conference tournament.
Jessica Jenkins and Armelia Horton each scored 11 points for the Bonnies (28-2), who advance to the conference semifinals for the first time in program history. Chelsea Bowker and Cece Dixon had 10 points apiece off the bench
La Salle (14-17) trailed 27-24 at intermission but St. Bonaventure opened the second half on an 8-0 run and held the Explorers to just 17.1 percent (6 of 35) shooting during the half.
Jenkins’ layup with 6:13 left pushed St. Bonaventure’s lead to 25 points, 60-35, as the Bonnies outscored La Salle 41-28 in the second half.
Brittney Wilson led La Salle with 19 points but shot just 7 of 19 from the field.
- Maryland uses versatility to earn return trip to Final Four
- Breanna Stewart, Jewell Loyd top AP women's All-America team
- Four No. 1 seeds in the women's Final Four
- Connecticut governor: move '16 Final Four unless law changes
- Hurting Baylor women expect to be bigger, better next season
- Notre Dame beats Baylor, advances to 5th straight Final Four
- Tennessee-Maryland Preview
- Lady Vols fall just short of reaching Final Four once again
- Maryland knocks off Tennessee 58-48 in regional final
- UConn reaches 8th straight Final Four with win over Dayton
- McGraw appreciates Notre Dame women's run more than ever
- Mitchell sends South Carolina women to 1st Final Four
- South Carolina earns 1st Final Four berth, beats FSU 80-74
- Dayton-UConn Preview