PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Megan Van Tatenhove led five players in double figures with 13 points and St. Bonaventure pulled away in the second half on Saturday, beating La Salle 68-53 in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic 10 Women’s conference tournament.
Jessica Jenkins and Armelia Horton each scored 11 points for the Bonnies (28-2), who advance to the conference semifinals for the first time in program history. Chelsea Bowker and Cece Dixon had 10 points apiece off the bench
La Salle (14-17) trailed 27-24 at intermission but St. Bonaventure opened the second half on an 8-0 run and held the Explorers to just 17.1 percent (6 of 35) shooting during the half.
Jenkins’ layup with 6:13 left pushed St. Bonaventure’s lead to 25 points, 60-35, as the Bonnies outscored La Salle 41-28 in the second half.
Brittney Wilson led La Salle with 19 points but shot just 7 of 19 from the field.
- No. 16 Stanford coasts past UC Santa Barbara 90-34
- No. 25 Arizona State beats Yale 69-51
- Richardson-Smith keys Seton Hall to upset of No. 14 Georgia
- No. 20 Michigan State falls 61-57 in Big Ten opener
- No. 17 Rutgers shuts down Indiana 66-51 in Big 10 opener
- Jefferson leads No. 2 UConn women over SMU 96-45