PHILADELPHIA (AP) Megan Van Tatenhove led five players in double figures with 13 points and St. Bonaventure pulled away in the second half on Saturday, beating La Salle 68-53 in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic 10 Women’s conference tournament.
Jessica Jenkins and Armelia Horton each scored 11 points for the Bonnies (28-2), who advance to the conference semifinals for the first time in program history. Chelsea Bowker and Cece Dixon had 10 points apiece off the bench
La Salle (14-17) trailed 27-24 at intermission but St. Bonaventure opened the second half on an 8-0 run and held the Explorers to just 17.1 percent (6 of 35) shooting during the half.
Jenkins’ layup with 6:13 left pushed St. Bonaventure’s lead to 25 points, 60-35, as the Bonnies outscored La Salle 41-28 in the second half.
Brittney Wilson led La Salle with 19 points but shot just 7 of 19 from the field.
- DePaul tops St. John's for Big East women's title
- FIU's Jerica Coley scores 3,000th career point
- No. 18 Gonzaga beats BYU 71-57 for WCC title
- West Virginia falls short in Big 12 title game
- Davis, Sims lead Baylor to Big 12 women's title
- Chattanooga tops Davidson for SoCon women's title
- No. 18 Gonzaga women reach title game, 68-60
- Marist women top Quinnipiac, 9th MAAC title in row
- SDakota women top Denver 82-71 for trip to NCAA
- Penn women beat Princeton for Ivy League title
- Louisville's Schimmels inspire Native Americans
- No. 23 DePaul women advance to title game, 100-90
- UConn women rout Louisville 72-52 to win AAC title
- No. 1 seed Albany beats Stony Brook 70-46 in AEast
- Santa Clara lets women's coach go after 6 seasons
- BALLOT BREAKDOWN: UConn still No. 1