PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Megan Van Tatenhove led five players in double figures with 13 points and St. Bonaventure pulled away in the second half on Saturday, beating La Salle 68-53 in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic 10 Women’s conference tournament.
Jessica Jenkins and Armelia Horton each scored 11 points for the Bonnies (28-2), who advance to the conference semifinals for the first time in program history. Chelsea Bowker and Cece Dixon had 10 points apiece off the bench
La Salle (14-17) trailed 27-24 at intermission but St. Bonaventure opened the second half on an 8-0 run and held the Explorers to just 17.1 percent (6 of 35) shooting during the half.
Jenkins’ layup with 6:13 left pushed St. Bonaventure’s lead to 25 points, 60-35, as the Bonnies outscored La Salle 41-28 in the second half.
Brittney Wilson led La Salle with 19 points but shot just 7 of 19 from the field.
- Andy Landers 1 win from 850th at Georgia
- No. 19 Oregon State beats Butler 85-53 in Hawaii
- No. 22 Syracuse women defeat East Carolina 69-58
- Lang's career night lifts No. 6 Texas over UTPA
- Powers, No. 16 Michigan State beat Oakland 79-64
- No. 22 Georgia routs Colgate 66-35
- No. 20 Oklahoma State beats Morgan State 73-43
- No. 17 Iowa surges past Northern Iowa 73-45
- Illinois upsets No. 9 Kentucky 77-71
- No. 1 South Carolina tops Wisconsin 67-44
- No. 7 Aggies rout McNeese St 93-27
- Gilbert, Chattanooga stun No. 4 Lady Vols 67-63
- No. 22 West Virginia beats Evansville 83-39
- FIBA suspends Japan over failure to merge leagues
- No. 25 Mississippi St beats Louisiana-Monroe 80-46
- Calhoun helps No. 8 Duke women rout Buffalo 88-54