PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Megan Van Tatenhove led five players in double figures with 13 points and St. Bonaventure pulled away in the second half on Saturday, beating La Salle 68-53 in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic 10 Women’s conference tournament.
Jessica Jenkins and Armelia Horton each scored 11 points for the Bonnies (28-2), who advance to the conference semifinals for the first time in program history. Chelsea Bowker and Cece Dixon had 10 points apiece off the bench
La Salle (14-17) trailed 27-24 at intermission but St. Bonaventure opened the second half on an 8-0 run and held the Explorers to just 17.1 percent (6 of 35) shooting during the half.
Jenkins’ layup with 6:13 left pushed St. Bonaventure’s lead to 25 points, 60-35, as the Bonnies outscored La Salle 41-28 in the second half.
Brittney Wilson led La Salle with 19 points but shot just 7 of 19 from the field.
- Beavers earn Pac-12 season title with 73-55 win over Cal
- Iowa State stuns No. 3 Baylor 76-71
- No. 18 Chattanooga beats ETSU 64-42 to go unbeaten in SoCon
- Lady Vols coach Warlick has broken bone in right wrist
- No. 12 Texas A&M loses Jones for season
- No. 2 South Carolina seeking steadiness after SEC crown
- No. 24 California women beat Oregon 74-59
- No. 8 Louisville cruises past Boston College 77-60
- Miller's 20 help No. 14 Princeton women beat Brown 79-67
- No.1 UConn routs Memphis 87-24, clinches American title
- Rebuilding Alabama-Auburn share youth, last place in SEC
- Brunner's late layup leads No. 10 Arizona St women past Utah
- No. 14 Princeton women take control early, beat Yale 67-49
- No. 6 Lady Vols beat slumping Georgia 70-59
- No. 19 Stanford women defeat No. 7 Oregon State 69-58
- No. 13 Kentucky women snap 3-game skid, beat Arkansas 56-51