Khadijah Rushdan added nine points and 12 rebounds for the Scarlet Knights (22-8), who will face No. 4 Connecticut in the quarterfinals on Sunday night.
Both teams struggled on offense for most of the game. Marquette built a nine-point lead and held a 22-16 halftime lead. They led 26-20 early in the second half before Rutgers finally got going behind Oliver. Her free throw and putback with 7:35 left gave Rutgers’ its first lead since early in the first half.
Marquette trailed 44-41 before Gabi Minix’s scoop shot in the lane brought the Golden Eagles within one. Oliver then made six of eight free throws in the final 3 minutes and Rutgers’ held the Golden Eagles scoreless the rest of the way.
Katherine Plouffe scored 15 points to lead Marquette (14-17).
- Georgia loses top scorer Barbee to season-ending injury
- Ex-UNC athletes: Lawsuit aims to protect college athletes
- No. 18 Mississippi St. women beat Auburn for 21st win, 59-48
- No. 25 Chattanooga women enter poll, hold down Samford 49-32
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Hines-Allen helps No. 4 Louisville beat Miami 68-55
- Moody helps Iowa State upend No. 8 Texas 58-57
- No. 7 Maryland remains unbeaten in Big Ten with 84-74 win
- No. 3 Baylor women win 18th in row, 89-67 at TCU
- Oklahoma unbeaten in Big 12, moves into Top 25
- Wilson's 18 lead No. 1 South Carolina to 79-61 victory
- Chattanooga's in Top 25, Gamecocks still No. 1 in poll
- Thompson, No. 11 Stanford women beat USC 71-60
- Williams, No. 15 Duke women beat No. 12 UNC 74-67 in OT
- Oregon St takes over first in Pac-12 with 68-57 win over ASU
- No. 14 Kentucky women outlasts Missouri 83-69