Khadijah Rushdan added nine points and 12 rebounds for the Scarlet Knights (22-8), who will face No. 4 Connecticut in the quarterfinals on Sunday night.
Both teams struggled on offense for most of the game. Marquette built a nine-point lead and held a 22-16 halftime lead. They led 26-20 early in the second half before Rutgers finally got going behind Oliver. Her free throw and putback with 7:35 left gave Rutgers’ its first lead since early in the first half.
Marquette trailed 44-41 before Gabi Minix’s scoop shot in the lane brought the Golden Eagles within one. Oliver then made six of eight free throws in the final 3 minutes and Rutgers’ held the Golden Eagles scoreless the rest of the way.
Katherine Plouffe scored 15 points to lead Marquette (14-17).
- At 27-3, Florida State looking like postseason threat
- UConn still No. 1 in women's basketball poll
- No. 13 Kentucky women topple No. 2 South Carolina 67-56
- Hempen leads No. 10 Arizona State women past Colorado, 59-46
- Oregon women upset No. 19 Stanford 62-55
- No. 9 Florida State closes ACC slate, tops rival Miami 69-55
- Randolph, Imovbioh lead Virginia past No. 8 Louisville 75-59
- No. 22 George Washington women win Atlantic 10 title
- Seton Hall ranked again; UConn still No. 1 in AP poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Massengale helps No. 6 Lady Vols breeze past Vandy 79-49
- No. 16 Duke women earn wild 81-80 win over No. 15 UNC
- No. 4 Notre Dame women beat NC State 67-60
- No. 11 Mississippi State women beat Ole Miss 55-47
- No. 20 Rutgers women handle Indiana 71-60
- No. 5 Maryland close out perfect run in Big Ten play