Khadijah Rushdan added nine points and 12 rebounds for the Scarlet Knights (22-8), who will face No. 4 Connecticut in the quarterfinals on Sunday night.
Both teams struggled on offense for most of the game. Marquette built a nine-point lead and held a 22-16 halftime lead. They led 26-20 early in the second half before Rutgers finally got going behind Oliver. Her free throw and putback with 7:35 left gave Rutgers’ its first lead since early in the first half.
Marquette trailed 44-41 before Gabi Minix’s scoop shot in the lane brought the Golden Eagles within one. Oliver then made six of eight free throws in the final 3 minutes and Rutgers’ held the Golden Eagles scoreless the rest of the way.
Katherine Plouffe scored 15 points to lead Marquette (14-17).
- Maryland knocks off Tennessee 58-48 in regional final
- UConn reaches 8th straight Final Four with win over Dayton
- McGraw appreciates Notre Dame women's run more than ever
- Mitchell sends South Carolina women to 1st Final Four
- South Carolina earns 1st Final Four berth, beats FSU 80-74
- Dayton-UConn Preview
- No. 1 seed Maryland ousts Duke in regional semifinals 65-55
- Baylor-Notre Dame Preview
- Four No. 1 seeds in the women's Final Four
- Connecticut governor: move '16 Final Four unless law changes
- Hurting Baylor women expect to be bigger, better next season
- Notre Dame beats Baylor, advances to 5th straight Final Four
- Tennessee-Maryland Preview
- No. 2 seed Tennessee beats No. 11 Gonzaga 73-69 in overtime
- Seventh-seed Dayton beats Louisville 82-66
- UConn steamrolls past Texas 105-54, reaches regional final