Khadijah Rushdan added nine points and 12 rebounds for the Scarlet Knights (22-8), who will face No. 4 Connecticut in the quarterfinals on Sunday night.
Both teams struggled on offense for most of the game. Marquette built a nine-point lead and held a 22-16 halftime lead. They led 26-20 early in the second half before Rutgers finally got going behind Oliver. Her free throw and putback with 7:35 left gave Rutgers’ its first lead since early in the first half.
Marquette trailed 44-41 before Gabi Minix’s scoop shot in the lane brought the Golden Eagles within one. Oliver then made six of eight free throws in the final 3 minutes and Rutgers’ held the Golden Eagles scoreless the rest of the way.
Katherine Plouffe scored 15 points to lead Marquette (14-17).
- Ohio State takes down No. 21 West Virginia 96-54
- St. John's gives coach Joe Tartamella extension
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Hammond leads No. 10 Louisville women past No. 24 California
- Powers, No. 18 Michigan State beat No. 19 Syracuse 89-76
- Gray leads No. 6 North Carolina to 85-67 victory
- Logic gives No. 23 Iowa wild 100-98 win over Drake
- Moseley, No. 14 Maryland cruise by Coppin State 110-51
- South Carolina women remain No. 1 in AP Poll
- South Carolina stays No. 1 in AP women's poll
- No. 21 Mississippi State rolls past Miami (Ohio) 68-42
- No. 2 UConn women rout UCLA 86-50
- No. 13 Duke women top No. 8 Kentucky, 89-68
- No. 19 Oklahoma St rallies for 66-62 win over USC
- Davenport layup lifts Texas past Texas A&M 67-65
- No. 1 South Carolina beats Liberty 84-44