Kaitlyn Burke scored 20 points and Emily Cady 10 for the sixth-seeded Cornhuskers (24-7), who advanced to Sunday’s final against No. 21 Purdue. The Boilermakers upset No. 9 Penn State 68-66 in the other semifinal.
Lindsey Moore added seven assists for Nebraska.
Samantha Prahalis scored 23 points for the second-seeded Buckeyes (25-6), who were denied a chance to win their fourth straight tournament title. Raven Ferguson added 13 points and Tayler Hill 10.
Trailing 24-11, Nebraska unleashed a 16-0 run late in the first half. Burke scored seven points during the spurt, which put the Huskers ahead 27-24 with 2:50 left. They led 36-30 at the break and stayed in control in the second half.
Nebraska is competing in its first Big Ten tournament.
- Chattanooga's in Top 25, Gamecocks still No. 1 in poll
- Thompson, No. 11 Stanford women beat USC 71-60
- Williams, No. 15 Duke women beat No. 12 UNC 74-67 in OT
- Oregon St takes over first in Pac-12 with 68-57 win over ASU
- No. 14 Kentucky women outlasts Missouri 83-69
- No. 5 Lady Vols rally for 59-51 victory over No. 22 Georgia
- Eastern Michigan basketball player and fellow student killed
- No. 3 Baylor women win 17th in row, 68-46 over Kansas State
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Hines-Allen helps No. 4 Louisville beat Miami 68-55
- Moody helps Iowa State upend No. 8 Texas 58-57
- No. 7 Maryland remains unbeaten in Big Ten with 84-74 win
- No. 2 UConn women win 17th straight, 96-31 over Cincinnati
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat NC State 66-49
- Loyd scores 17 as No. 6 Notre Dame beats Clemson 74-36
- No. 11 Stanford women rally in 2nd half to beat UCLA 79-70