Kaitlyn Burke scored 20 points and Emily Cady 10 for the sixth-seeded Cornhuskers (24-7), who advanced to Sunday’s final against No. 21 Purdue. The Boilermakers upset No. 9 Penn State 68-66 in the other semifinal.
Lindsey Moore added seven assists for Nebraska.
Samantha Prahalis scored 23 points for the second-seeded Buckeyes (25-6), who were denied a chance to win their fourth straight tournament title. Raven Ferguson added 13 points and Tayler Hill 10.
Trailing 24-11, Nebraska unleashed a 16-0 run late in the first half. Burke scored seven points during the spurt, which put the Huskers ahead 27-24 with 2:50 left. They led 36-30 at the break and stayed in control in the second half.
Nebraska is competing in its first Big Ten tournament.
- No. 16 North Carolina women score last 14 for 72-60 win
- No. 10 Kentucky beats No. 21 Georgia 80-72 behind O'Neill
- TCU women use late surge to upset No. 14 Texas 64-59
- No. 7 Oregon State women rout USC 68-35
- Bulgak leads No. 9 Florida State women past Georgia Tech
- No. 8 Louisville women beat No. 23 Syracuse 78-58
- No. 18 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 69-44
- No. 20 Iowa women break record for 3s, beat Northwestern
- West Virginia women upset No. 24 Oklahoma 78-69
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma hits win No. 899 over Temple
- Loyd leads No. 4 Notre Dame to 92-63 win over Wake Forest
- No. 25 Chattanooga women cruise past Mercer 71-59
- Berntsen leads No. 19 Princeton women past Harvard 96-46
- No. 6 Tennessee women eke out 73-72 win over No. 10 Kentucky
- Westbeld leads No. 4 Notre Dame women past Va Tech 74-50
- No. 5 Maryland wins 12th straight, 91-65 over Michigan