INDIANAPOLIS (AP) Jordan Hooper had 21 points and 10 rebounds Saturday as No. 24 Nebraska knocked off No. 14 Ohio State 77-62 in the semifinals of the Big Ten women’s tournament.
Kaitlyn Burke scored 20 points and Emily Cady 10 for the sixth-seeded Cornhuskers (24-7), who advanced to Sunday’s final against No. 21 Purdue. The Boilermakers upset No. 9 Penn State 68-66 in the other semifinal.
Lindsey Moore added seven assists for Nebraska.
Samantha Prahalis scored 23 points for the second-seeded Buckeyes (25-6), who were denied a chance to win their fourth straight tournament title. Raven Ferguson added 13 points and Tayler Hill 10.
Trailing 24-11, Nebraska unleashed a 16-0 run late in the first half. Burke scored seven points during the spurt, which put the Huskers ahead 27-24 with 2:50 left. They led 36-30 at the break and stayed in control in the second half.
Nebraska is competing in its first Big Ten tournament.
- Washington State outlasts Oregon for 107-100 win
- Friday's Syracuse-NC State ACC game delayed 1 hour
- Minnesota tops Wisconsin 74-68 in OT
- Georgia Tech women beat Virginia 77-76 in ACCs
- LSU tops Alabama 78-65 in SEC tournament
- West Virginia, Baylor women top Big 12 tourney
- Alston keys Ohio State 86-77 win over Northwestern
- Bonds, Lewis lead Florida past Mississippi State
- No. 13 UNC women beat Wake Forest 69-65 in ACCs
- Lights go out in ACC tournament 2nd-round game
- Tanner sisters lead Auburn past Ole Miss, 70-54
- Michigan women top Indiana 82-57 in Big 10 tourney
- USC women hold off Arizona 59-54 in Pac-12 tourney
- Doolittle sparks no. 23 Iowa past Illinois 81-62
- Colorado defeats UCLA 76-65 in Pac-12 tourney
- Florida State beats Miami 72-67 in OT in ACC