Asia Taylor added 13 points for the Cardinals (22-8), who will face No. 18 St. John’s in the quarterfinals on Sunday.
Leading 38-33 early in the second half, Louisville went on a 22-8 run over the next 13 minutes to take control. Taylor got the burst started with back-to-back layups. Then Shawnta’ Dyer took over scoring seven of her nine points during the spurt. Bria Smith capped the run with a 3-pointer that made it 60-41 with 3:53 left.
A back and forth first half saw Villanova take a 29-26. After the Wildcats committed a foul with 2.9 seconds left, Schimmel hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to tie the game at 29.
Laura Sweeney had 13 points and 10 rebounds to lead Villanova.
- No. 7 Oregon State women rout USC 68-35
- Bulgak leads No. 9 Florida State women past Georgia Tech
- No. 8 Louisville women beat No. 23 Syracuse 78-58
- No. 18 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 69-44
- No. 20 Iowa women break record for 3s, beat Northwestern
- No. 15 Nebraska women hold off Illinois, 59-57
- No. 14 Texas women edge No. 24 Oklahoma 84-81 in 2OT
- Stevens and Chidom lead No. 17 Duke women over Pitt 62-45
- No. 25 Chattanooga women cruise past Mercer 71-59
- Berntsen leads No. 19 Princeton women past Harvard 96-46
- No. 6 Tennessee women eke out 73-72 win over No. 10 Kentucky
- Westbeld leads No. 4 Notre Dame women past Va Tech 74-50
- No. 5 Maryland wins 12th straight, 91-65 over Michigan
- No. 1 South Carolina women cruise past Alabama 85-54
- No. 22 Rutgers women beats Purdue 58-49