Asia Taylor added 13 points for the Cardinals (22-8), who will face No. 18 St. John’s in the quarterfinals on Sunday.
Leading 38-33 early in the second half, Louisville went on a 22-8 run over the next 13 minutes to take control. Taylor got the burst started with back-to-back layups. Then Shawnta’ Dyer took over scoring seven of her nine points during the spurt. Bria Smith capped the run with a 3-pointer that made it 60-41 with 3:53 left.
A back and forth first half saw Villanova take a 29-26. After the Wildcats committed a foul with 2.9 seconds left, Schimmel hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to tie the game at 29.
Laura Sweeney had 13 points and 10 rebounds to lead Villanova.
- Davis, Washington women beat Utah, 75-64, in Pac-12 tourney
- Minnesota women edge Purdue 82-78
- No. 12 Kentucky women advance in SEC, 67-61 over Vanderbilt
- Romeo leads Nebraska women past Illinois 86-71 in Big Ten
- Panousis gives Tech women another ACC upset, 51-45 over Pitt
- Fields leads UCLA women past Arizona 80-62
- No. 17 Chattanooga women beat UNC-Greensboro 78-44
- Michigan State women beat Michigan 69-49 in Big Ten tourney
- Coach's adopted toddler builds a life with hoops team
- Colorado women beat USC 75-63 to advance in Pac-12 tourney
- No. 15 North Carolina women advance over Georgia Tech 84-64
- Georgia women beat Missouri 75-64 in SEC tourney's 2nd round
- Washington State holds off Oregon 66-64 in Pac-12 opener
- No. 18 Texas A&M women top Auburn in SEC tourney
- No 23 Rutgers women beat Indiana 63-52 in Big Ten opener
- Miami women beat Virginia 62-52 in ACC 2nd round