No. 11 Green Bay women beat Illinois-Chicago 77-64Saturday, Mar 3, 2012
CHICAGO (AP) Julie Wojta had 27 points and 10 rebounds to pace No. 11 Green Bay to its seventh straight victory with a 77-64 win over Illinois-Chicago on Saturday.
Wojta had her sixth double-double in the last seven games for the Phoenix (27-1, 17-1 Horizon League). She also tied the school record with her 32nd double-double.
Adrian Ritchie and Lydia Bauer scored 13 apiece for Green Bay, which won its 14th consecutive regular-season title and will host a tournament quarterfinal Wednesday night. .
The Flames (17-12, 10-8) got 24 points from Jasmine Bailey and 20 from Shamiea Green, but no one else had more than five. UIC is the fourth seed and will host No. 5 Butler on Wednesday.
Green Bay led only 28-27 at halftime, but Ritchie scored seven points in a 12-3 run that turned a 40-36 lead into a 52-39 advantage with 10:06 left and gave the Phoenix control.
- FIU's Coley moves up to No. 5 in scoring
- SDakota women top Denver 82-71 for trip to NCAA
- Penn women beat Princeton for Ivy League title
- Louisville's Schimmels inspire Native Americans
- No. 23 DePaul women advance to title game, 100-90
- UConn women rout Louisville 72-52 to win AAC title
- No. 1 seed Albany beats Stony Brook 70-46 in AEast
- Santa Clara lets women's coach go after 6 seasons
- DePaul tops St. John's for Big East women's title
- FIU's Jerica Coley scores 3,000th career point
- No. 18 Gonzaga beats BYU 71-57 for WCC title
- West Virginia falls short in Big 12 title game
- Davis, Sims lead Baylor to Big 12 women's title
- Chattanooga tops Davidson for SoCon women's title
- No. 18 Gonzaga women reach title game, 68-60
- Marist women top Quinnipiac, 9th MAAC title in row