No. 22 Gonzaga women top Saint Mary’s 83-78 in WCCSaturday, Mar 3, 2012
Katelan Redmon added 20 points, Haiden Palmer 14 and Taelor Karr 11 for the top-seeded Bulldogs (26-4), who won their fifth straight and 11th in their last 12.
Gonzaga will face second-seeded BYU in Monday’s final. BYU defeated San Diego 64-46 in the other semifinal.
Jackie Nared’s 26 points paced the fourth-seeded Gaels (21-10). Danielle Mauldin had a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds, while Alex Carbonel scored 13.
Neither team ever led by more than seven points, and both shot well. Gonzaga hit 48 percent (32 of 67) and Saint Mary’s 50 percent (29 of 58).
With the score tied at 70, Gonzaga took the lead for good. Karr hit a 3-pointer and Redmon and Standish converted layups for a 77-70 edge with 4:07 left.
- Texas-UConn Preview
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview
- Iowa-Baylor Preview
- Father bests son 2nd time this season with 82-70 win in WNIT
- Freshman forward Hines-Allen leading the way for Louisville
- Poetry pulled Texas center McGee-Stafford from depression
- Notre Dame's Turner is exceeding expectations offensively
- Coach Mulkey: Sweet 16 Baylor team will be better in future
- East Tennessee State extends Brittney Ezell's contract
- Arizona St.-Florida St. Preview
- North Carolina-South Carolina Preview
- Mulkey, Lady Bears confident as ever entering Sweet 16
- Notre Dame arrives in Oklahoma late after plane was diverted
- Lady Vols leave home, prepare for road-game atmosphere
- South Carolina set to take next step in women's NCAA tourney
- Princeton's future bright after historic women's season