No. 22 Gonzaga women top Saint Mary’s 83-78 in WCCSaturday, Mar 3, 2012
Katelan Redmon added 20 points, Haiden Palmer 14 and Taelor Karr 11 for the top-seeded Bulldogs (26-4), who won their fifth straight and 11th in their last 12.
Gonzaga will face second-seeded BYU in Monday’s final. BYU defeated San Diego 64-46 in the other semifinal.
Jackie Nared’s 26 points paced the fourth-seeded Gaels (21-10). Danielle Mauldin had a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds, while Alex Carbonel scored 13.
Neither team ever led by more than seven points, and both shot well. Gonzaga hit 48 percent (32 of 67) and Saint Mary’s 50 percent (29 of 58).
With the score tied at 70, Gonzaga took the lead for good. Karr hit a 3-pointer and Redmon and Standish converted layups for a 77-70 edge with 4:07 left.
- No. 8 Louisville women beat No. 23 Syracuse 78-58
- No. 18 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 69-44
- No. 20 Iowa women break record for 3s, beat Northwestern
- No. 15 Nebraska women hold off Illinois, 59-57
- No. 14 Texas women edge No. 24 Oklahoma 84-81 in 2OT
- Stevens and Chidom lead No. 17 Duke women over Pitt 62-45
- No. 6 Lady Vols seeking rare road victory over top-10 foe
- Super subs: No. 1 Gamecocks thrive with deep, talented bench
- No. 6 Tennessee women eke out 73-72 win over No. 10 Kentucky
- Westbeld leads No. 4 Notre Dame women past Va Tech 74-50
- No. 5 Maryland wins 12th straight, 91-65 over Michigan
- No. 1 South Carolina women cruise past Alabama 85-54
- No. 22 Rutgers women beats Purdue 58-49
- Stokes triple-double leads Huskies over East Carolina 87-32
- Louisville's Walz seeks 200th career win vs No. 23 Syracuse
- Georgia loses top scorer Barbee to season-ending injury