No. 15 Ga Tech women rout NC State 87-61 at ACCsJOEDY McCREARY Saturday, Mar 3, 2012
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) Tyaunna Marshall scored 16 of her 20 points in the first half and No. 15 Georgia Tech claimed a spot in the Atlantic Coast Conference championship game by routing North Carolina State 87-61 on Saturday.
Metra Walthour added 13 points for the fourth-seeded Yellow Jackets (24-7). They led by as much as 36, shot 53 percent and built a 53-28 rebounding advantage to reach their first title game since 1992.
Sasha Goodlett had 12 points and 10 rebounds to help Georgia Tech win its seventh straight and beat the Wolfpack for the third time.
Myisha Goodwin-Coleman had 13 points, Kody Burke added 12 and Marissa Kastanek had 10 for ninth-seeded N.C. State (18-15), which never got closer than 18 after halftime.
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- No. 22 Middle Tennessee women win C-USA title
- Idaho reaches NCAAs with 75-67 win for WAC title
- Buck, UND women earn first berth to Div I tourney
- Prairie View women upset Texas Southern 63-58
- Ball State women upset No. 25 Bowling Green 73-55
- No. 22 Middle Tennessee women top UAB 69-59