After Kane’s three-point play with 1:42 remaining gave the 10th-seeded Wildcats (17-13) their biggest lead, 55-47, Villanova made just 6 of 14 free throws to barely hang on.
Jasmine Crew scored nine straight points as the 15th-seeded Pirates (8-23) closed to 58-56 with 32 seconds left. Kane answered with two free throws, but Alexis Brown’s layup got Seton Hall back within two.
With 13 seconds remaining, Kane was 1 of 2 from the line. Jazzmine Johnson’s layup with 4 seconds to go made it 61-60. Although Kane missed two foul shots a second later, the Pirates did not get another shot off.
Lauren Burford’s 15 points led the Wildcats and Crew finished with 21 for Seton Hall.
- Maryland uses versatility to earn return trip to Final Four
- Breanna Stewart, Jewell Loyd top AP women's All-America team
- Four No. 1 seeds in the women's Final Four
- Connecticut governor: move '16 Final Four unless law changes
- Hurting Baylor women expect to be bigger, better next season
- Notre Dame beats Baylor, advances to 5th straight Final Four
- Lady Vols fall just short of reaching Final Four once again
- Maryland knocks off Tennessee 58-48 in regional final
- UConn reaches 8th straight Final Four with win over Dayton
- McGraw appreciates Notre Dame women's run more than ever
- Mitchell sends South Carolina women to 1st Final Four
- South Carolina earns 1st Final Four berth, beats FSU 80-74