INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Brittany Rayburn scored 29 points to lead No. 21 Purdue to a 73-64 victory over Michigan State Friday night in the Big Ten women’s tournament quarterfinals.
Rayburn was 7 of 10 from 3-point range. Courtney Moses added 14 points and Chantel Poston scored 10 for the fourth-seeded Boilermakers (22-8), who will play No. 9 Penn State, the top seed, in Saturday’s second semifinal.
Purdue led 38-27 at halftime and built its biggest lead, 54-34, with 15:14 to play. Michigan State never came closer than nine points after that.
Lykendra Johnson led fifth-seeded Michigan State (20-11) with 23 points, 11 rebounds and five blocked shots. Jasmine Thomas had 12 points and Porsche Poole added 10 points for the Spartans.
- Oklahoma unbeaten in Big 12, moves into Top 25
- Wilson's 18 lead No. 1 South Carolina to 79-61 victory
- Chattanooga's in Top 25, Gamecocks still No. 1 in poll
- Thompson, No. 11 Stanford women beat USC 71-60
- Williams, No. 15 Duke women beat No. 12 UNC 74-67 in OT
- Oregon St takes over first in Pac-12 with 68-57 win over ASU
- No. 14 Kentucky women outlasts Missouri 83-69
- No. 5 Lady Vols rally for 59-51 victory over No. 22 Georgia
- No. 18 Mississippi St. women beat Auburn for 21st win, 59-48
- No. 25 Chattanooga women enter poll, hold down Samford 49-32
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Hines-Allen helps No. 4 Louisville beat Miami 68-55
- Moody helps Iowa State upend No. 8 Texas 58-57
- No. 7 Maryland remains unbeaten in Big Ten with 84-74 win
- No. 2 UConn women win 17th straight, 96-31 over Cincinnati
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat NC State 66-49