INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Brittany Rayburn scored 29 points to lead No. 21 Purdue to a 73-64 victory over Michigan State Friday night in the Big Ten women’s tournament quarterfinals.
Rayburn was 7 of 10 from 3-point range. Courtney Moses added 14 points and Chantel Poston scored 10 for the fourth-seeded Boilermakers (22-8), who will play No. 9 Penn State, the top seed, in Saturday’s second semifinal.
Purdue led 38-27 at halftime and built its biggest lead, 54-34, with 15:14 to play. Michigan State never came closer than nine points after that.
Lykendra Johnson led fifth-seeded Michigan State (20-11) with 23 points, 11 rebounds and five blocked shots. Jasmine Thomas had 12 points and Porsche Poole added 10 points for the Spartans.
- Lauren Hill to become honorary coach
- Chattanooga women stun No. 7 Stanford 54-46
- Williams leads No. 13 Duke past Oklahoma 92-72
- No. 9 Baylor women deep, talented young roster
- No. 25 DePaul rolls by Loyola-Chicago 109-84
- No. 19 Syracuse eases past Canisius 70-37
- Powers, No. 18 Michigan St rout Alcorn St 77-41
- Virginia coach Boyle to miss game versus Longwood
- Enemkpali leads No. 3 Texas to win over McNeese
- No. 1 South Carolina rolls over Hampton, 69-49
- Northern Michigan suspends coach for cheat remark
- No. 21 Mississippi St takes down Louisiana-Lafayette 66-51
- Burdick, No. 11 Lady Vols outlast Wichita State 54-51
- No. 16 Oregon St. beats No. 6 North Carolina 70-55
- Chattanooga seeks to upset another national power
- Spain to host 2018 Women's Basketball World Cup