INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Brittany Rayburn scored 29 points to lead No. 21 Purdue to a 73-64 victory over Michigan State Friday night in the Big Ten women’s tournament quarterfinals.
Rayburn was 7 of 10 from 3-point range. Courtney Moses added 14 points and Chantel Poston scored 10 for the fourth-seeded Boilermakers (22-8), who will play No. 9 Penn State, the top seed, in Saturday’s second semifinal.
Purdue led 38-27 at halftime and built its biggest lead, 54-34, with 15:14 to play. Michigan State never came closer than nine points after that.
Lykendra Johnson led fifth-seeded Michigan State (20-11) with 23 points, 11 rebounds and five blocked shots. Jasmine Thomas had 12 points and Porsche Poole added 10 points for the Spartans.
- Brunner's late layup leads No. 10 Arizona St women past Utah
- No. 14 Princeton women take control early, beat Yale 67-49
- No. 6 Lady Vols beat slumping Georgia 70-59
- No. 19 Stanford women defeat No. 7 Oregon State 69-58
- No. 13 Kentucky women snap 3-game skid, beat Arkansas 56-51
- No. 4 Notre Dame women top Pitt 87-59, clinch share of ACC
- No. 5 Maryland beats Indiana 83-72 for 20th straight win
- No. 23 Syracuse women stop late Clemson rally, win 60-55
- No. 12 Texas A&M loses Jones for season
- No. 2 South Carolina seeking steadiness after SEC crown
- No. 24 California women beat Oregon 74-59
- No. 8 Louisville cruises past Boston College 77-60
- Late 3 lifts Missouri women over No. 12 Texas A&M 70-69
- No. 25 Northwestern women wallop No. 20 Rutgers 80-60
- No. 9 Seminoles beat NC State 72-52
- Mavunga gives No. 15 North Carolina women win at buzzer