INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Brittany Rayburn scored 29 points to lead No. 21 Purdue to a 73-64 victory over Michigan State Friday night in the Big Ten women’s tournament quarterfinals.
Rayburn was 7 of 10 from 3-point range. Courtney Moses added 14 points and Chantel Poston scored 10 for the fourth-seeded Boilermakers (22-8), who will play No. 9 Penn State, the top seed, in Saturday’s second semifinal.
Purdue led 38-27 at halftime and built its biggest lead, 54-34, with 15:14 to play. Michigan State never came closer than nine points after that.
Lykendra Johnson led fifth-seeded Michigan State (20-11) with 23 points, 11 rebounds and five blocked shots. Jasmine Thomas had 12 points and Porsche Poole added 10 points for the Spartans.
- Maryland knocks off Tennessee 58-48 in regional final
- Four No. 1 seeds in the women's Final Four
- McGraw appreciates Notre Dame women's run more than ever
- Mitchell sends South Carolina women to 1st Final Four
- South Carolina earns 1st Final Four berth, beats FSU 80-74
- Dayton-UConn Preview
- No. 1 seed Maryland ousts Duke in regional semifinals 65-55
- Baylor-Notre Dame Preview
- UConn reaches 8th straight Final Four with win over Dayton
- Connecticut governor: move '16 Final Four unless law changes
- Hurting Baylor women expect to be bigger, better next season
- Notre Dame beats Baylor, advances to 5th straight Final Four
- Tennessee-Maryland Preview
- No. 2 seed Tennessee beats No. 11 Gonzaga 73-69 in overtime
- Seventh-seed Dayton beats Louisville 82-66
- UConn steamrolls past Texas 105-54, reaches regional final