INDIANAPOLIS (AP) Brittany Rayburn scored 29 points to lead No. 21 Purdue to a 73-64 victory over Michigan State Friday night in the Big Ten women’s tournament quarterfinals.
Rayburn was 7 of 10 from 3-point range. Courtney Moses added 14 points and Chantel Poston scored 10 for the fourth-seeded Boilermakers (22-8), who will play No. 9 Penn State, the top seed, in Saturday’s second semifinal.
Purdue led 38-27 at halftime and built its biggest lead, 54-34, with 15:14 to play. Michigan State never came closer than nine points after that.
Lykendra Johnson led fifth-seeded Michigan State (20-11) with 23 points, 11 rebounds and five blocked shots. Jasmine Thomas had 12 points and Porsche Poole added 10 points for the Spartans.
- No. 21 Gonzaga handles San Francisco 81-68
- Walker leads No. 15 Texas A&M past Auburn, 86-54
- No. 16 Nebraska defeats Minnesota 80-67
- No. 19 Michigan State women beat Michigan 61-58
- Breanna Stewart picked as AAC player of the year
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat FSU 83-57 in ACCs
- Arkansas fires women's coach Tom Collen
- No. 14 NC State women beat Syracuse 79-63 in ACC
- No. 13 UNC women beat No. 8 Maryland 73-70 in ACCs
- Washington State knocks off No. 20 Cal 91-83
- No. 10 Duke beats Ga Tech 82-52 at ACC tourney
- Harrison, Simmons, Graves lead Lady Vols past LSU
- Stanford outlasts Colorado 69-54 in Pac-12 tourney
- No. 12 Kentucky women edge Florida, 75-70
- No. 23 Iowa women rally past No. 17 Purdue 87-80
- Ohio State women upset No. 11 Penn State 99-82