INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Tayler Hill hit three 3-pointers and scored 19 points as No. 14 Ohio State held off a late charge to beat Michigan 57-48 in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten women’s tournament Friday.
Kalpana Beach scored 12 points for the second-seeded Buckeyes (25-5), who shot only 38 percent. Big Ten Player of the Year Samantha Prahalis scored 11 points but went 4 of 15 and turned it over seven times. However, her five assists made her the conference’s all-time leader.
Carmen Reynolds scored 14 points and Courtney Boylan 10 for the seventh-seeded Wolverines (20-11).
Michigan used a 10-0 run to cut the deficit to 45-39 with 7:49 left but could not close the gap.
The Buckeyes are looking for their fourth straight tournament title.
- FSU women reach Elite Eight by beating Arizona St, 66-65
- South Carolina holds off North Carolina 67-65 in NCAAs
- Gonzaga-Tennessee Preview
- Dayton-Louisville Preview
- East Tennessee State extends Brittney Ezell's contract
- Arizona St.-Florida St. Preview
- North Carolina-South Carolina Preview
- Mulkey, Lady Bears confident as ever entering Sweet 16
- Agbuke's career game leads No. 2-seed Baylor over Iowa 81-66
- Notre Dame beats Stanford 81-60, advances to Elite Eight
- Duke-Maryland Preview
- Texas-UConn Preview
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview
- Iowa-Baylor Preview
- Father bests son 2nd time this season with 82-70 win in WNIT
- Freshman forward Hines-Allen leading the way for Louisville