INDIANAPOLIS (AP) Tayler Hill hit three 3-pointers and scored 19 points as No. 14 Ohio State held off a late charge to beat Michigan 57-48 in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten women’s tournament Friday.
Kalpana Beach scored 12 points for the second-seeded Buckeyes (25-5), who shot only 38 percent. Big Ten Player of the Year Samantha Prahalis scored 11 points but went 4 of 15 and turned it over seven times. However, her five assists made her the conference’s all-time leader.
Carmen Reynolds scored 14 points and Courtney Boylan 10 for the seventh-seeded Wolverines (20-11).
Michigan used a 10-0 run to cut the deficit to 45-39 with 7:49 left but could not close the gap.
The Buckeyes are looking for their fourth straight tournament title.
They’ll play No. 24 Nebraska in the semifinals Saturday. The sixth-seeded Cornhuskers ousted Iowa 80-68.
- James Madison tops Delaware 70-45 to win CAA
- Western Kentucky wins women's Sun Belt final
- Army women beat Holy Cross to win Patriot League
- Cal State Northridge women win Big West
- Hampton beats Coppin State 50-47 for MEAC title
- Akron wins first MAC title, 79-68 over Ball State
- No. 22 Middle Tennessee women top FIU 64-57
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- No. 22 Middle Tennessee women win C-USA title
- Idaho reaches NCAAs with 75-67 win for WAC title
- Buck, UND women earn first berth to Div I tourney
- Prairie View women upset Texas Southern 63-58
- Ball State women upset No. 25 Bowling Green 73-55
- No. 22 Middle Tennessee women top UAB 69-59