INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Tayler Hill hit three 3-pointers and scored 19 points as No. 14 Ohio State held off a late charge to beat Michigan 57-48 in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten women’s tournament Friday.
Kalpana Beach scored 12 points for the second-seeded Buckeyes (25-5), who shot only 38 percent. Big Ten Player of the Year Samantha Prahalis scored 11 points but went 4 of 15 and turned it over seven times. However, her five assists made her the conference’s all-time leader.
Carmen Reynolds scored 14 points and Courtney Boylan 10 for the seventh-seeded Wolverines (20-11).
Michigan used a 10-0 run to cut the deficit to 45-39 with 7:49 left but could not close the gap.
The Buckeyes are looking for their fourth straight tournament title.
- Davis, Washington women beat Utah, 75-64, in Pac-12 tourney
- Minnesota women edge Purdue 82-78
- No. 12 Kentucky women advance in SEC, 67-61 over Vanderbilt
- Romeo leads Nebraska women past Illinois 86-71 in Big Ten
- Panousis gives Tech women another ACC upset, 51-45 over Pitt
- Fields leads UCLA women past Arizona 80-62
- No. 17 Chattanooga women beat UNC-Greensboro 78-44
- Michigan State women beat Michigan 69-49 in Big Ten tourney
- Coach's adopted toddler builds a life with hoops team
- Colorado women beat USC 75-63 to advance in Pac-12 tourney
- No. 15 North Carolina women advance over Georgia Tech 84-64
- Georgia women beat Missouri 75-64 in SEC tourney's 2nd round
- Washington State holds off Oregon 66-64 in Pac-12 opener
- No. 18 Texas A&M women top Auburn in SEC tourney
- No 23 Rutgers women beat Indiana 63-52 in Big Ten opener
- Miami women beat Virginia 62-52 in ACC 2nd round