INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Tayler Hill hit three 3-pointers and scored 19 points as No. 14 Ohio State held off a late charge to beat Michigan 57-48 in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten women’s tournament Friday.
Kalpana Beach scored 12 points for the second-seeded Buckeyes (25-5), who shot only 38 percent. Big Ten Player of the Year Samantha Prahalis scored 11 points but went 4 of 15 and turned it over seven times. However, her five assists made her the conference’s all-time leader.
Carmen Reynolds scored 14 points and Courtney Boylan 10 for the seventh-seeded Wolverines (20-11).
Michigan used a 10-0 run to cut the deficit to 45-39 with 7:49 left but could not close the gap.
The Buckeyes are looking for their fourth straight tournament title.
- No. 7 Oregon State women rout USC 68-35
- Bulgak leads No. 9 Florida State women past Georgia Tech
- No. 8 Louisville women beat No. 23 Syracuse 78-58
- No. 18 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 69-44
- No. 20 Iowa women break record for 3s, beat Northwestern
- No. 15 Nebraska women hold off Illinois, 59-57
- No. 14 Texas women edge No. 24 Oklahoma 84-81 in 2OT
- Stevens and Chidom lead No. 17 Duke women over Pitt 62-45
- No. 25 Chattanooga women cruise past Mercer 71-59
- Berntsen leads No. 19 Princeton women past Harvard 96-46
- No. 6 Tennessee women eke out 73-72 win over No. 10 Kentucky
- Westbeld leads No. 4 Notre Dame women past Va Tech 74-50
- No. 5 Maryland wins 12th straight, 91-65 over Michigan
- No. 1 South Carolina women cruise past Alabama 85-54
- No. 22 Rutgers women beats Purdue 58-49