No. 15 Georgia Tech women edge UNC 54-53 in ACCsFriday, Mar 2, 2012
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Tyaunna Marshall scored 21 points and had the go-ahead basket with 1:35 left to help No. 15 Georgia Tech beat North Carolina 54-53 in the Atlantic Coast Conference quarterfinals Friday.
Mo Bennett and Metra Walthour each scored 11 for the fourth-seeded Yellow Jackets (23-7), who held on when Brittany Rountree’s long 3-pointer for the win bounced off the front of the rim at the horn.
She’la White scored 13 points for the fifth-seeded Tar Heels (20-11), who lost twice to Georgia Tech this month by a combined three points. North Carolina rallied from seven down to go up four with about 4 minutes left and set up a back-and-forth finish.
UNC’s Chay Shegog hit a jumper for a 53-52 with 2:06 left before Marshall answered on the ensuing possession.
- Enemkpali leads No. 3 Texas to win over McNeese
- No. 1 South Carolina rolls over Hampton, 69-49
- Northern Michigan suspends coach for cheat remark
- No. 21 Mississippi St takes down Louisiana-Lafayette 66-51
- Burdick, No. 11 Lady Vols outlast Wichita State 54-51
- No. 16 Oregon St. beats No. 6 North Carolina 70-55
- Chattanooga seeks to upset another national power
- Spain to host 2018 Women's Basketball World Cup
- Chattanooga women stun No. 7 Stanford 54-46
- Williams leads No. 13 Duke past Oklahoma 92-72
- No. 9 Baylor women deep, talented young roster
- No. 25 DePaul rolls by Loyola-Chicago 109-84
- No. 19 Syracuse eases past Canisius 70-37
- Powers, No. 18 Michigan St rout Alcorn St 77-41
- Virginia coach Boyle to miss game versus Longwood
- Texas and Texas A&M meet in Big 12-SEC Challenge