No. 15 Georgia Tech women edge UNC 54-53 in ACCsFriday, Mar 2, 2012
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Tyaunna Marshall scored 21 points and had the go-ahead basket with 1:35 left to help No. 15 Georgia Tech beat North Carolina 54-53 in the Atlantic Coast Conference quarterfinals Friday.
Mo Bennett and Metra Walthour each scored 11 for the fourth-seeded Yellow Jackets (23-7), who held on when Brittany Rountree’s long 3-pointer for the win bounced off the front of the rim at the horn.
She’la White scored 13 points for the fifth-seeded Tar Heels (20-11), who lost twice to Georgia Tech this month by a combined three points. North Carolina rallied from seven down to go up four with about 4 minutes left and set up a back-and-forth finish.
UNC’s Chay Shegog hit a jumper for a 53-52 with 2:06 left before Marshall answered on the ensuing possession.
- Loyd scores 17 as No. 6 Notre Dame beats Clemson 74-36
- No. 11 Stanford women rally in 2nd half to beat UCLA 79-70
- No. 13 Arizona State women defeat Oregon 70-58
- Alabama, Auburn women's players suspended 2 games for fight
- No. 20 Iowa women use balance to top Michigan 76-70
- Western Kentucky wins 14th straight, 80-74 over UTEP
- Harrison sparks No. 5 Lady Vols to 75-58 victory over LSU
- Loyd scores 29, No. 6 Notre Dame beats Georgia Tech 89-76
- No. 3 Baylor women win 17th in row, 68-46 over Kansas State
- No. 9 Beavers dominate second half to beat Wildcats 73-55
- Minnesota to get Banham back next season
- 3 players ejected after fight during Alabama-Auburn game
- No. 18 Miss State women hold on, beat Ole Miss 64-62
- Purdue women stun No. 21 Minnesota in overtime 90-88
- No. 17 Florida State stuns fourth-ranked Louisville 68-63
- No. 16 Nebraska women take care of Wisconsin early, 89-72