No. 18 St. John’s women defeat No. 12 GeorgetownMonday, Feb 27, 2012
The Red Storm (21-8, 13-3 Big East) outrebounded Georgetown 44-31, including 21-16 in the second half.
St. John’s trailed 27-25 at halftime and held the Hoyas (22-7, 11-5) to just 6-of-30 shooting in the second half.
Georgetown led 36-32 with 9:25 remaining and turned it over twice, leading to four points during an 8-0 run by the Red Storm. Briana Brown connected on a pair of free throws to cap it with 7:08 to play.
St. John’s scored 15 points off 16 turnovers and outscored the Hoyas 14-9 on second chances.
Da’Shena Stevens, Shenneika Smith and Brown scored 12 points each for the Red Storm, who won their eighth in a row.
Sugar Rodgers led Georgetown with 13 points.
- No. 6 Lady Vols beat slumping Georgia 70-59
- No. 19 Stanford women defeat No. 7 Oregon State 69-58
- No. 13 Kentucky women snap 3-game skid, beat Arkansas 56-51
- No. 4 Notre Dame women top Pitt 87-59, clinch share of ACC
- No. 5 Maryland beats Indiana 83-72 for 20th straight win
- No. 23 Syracuse women stop late Clemson rally, win 60-55
- Georgia Tech women end 37-game skid vs. No. 16 Duke
- Lauren Hill makes it through full season despite tumor
- No. 24 California women beat Oregon 74-59
- No. 8 Louisville cruises past Boston College 77-60
- Late 3 lifts Missouri women over No. 12 Texas A&M 70-69
- No. 25 Northwestern women wallop No. 20 Rutgers 80-60
- No. 9 Seminoles beat NC State 72-52
- Mavunga gives No. 15 North Carolina women win at buzzer
- No. 2 South Carolina women top No. 11 Mississippi St. 69-50
- Oklahoma beats No. 3 Baylor 68-64