The Gophers (13-14, 5-8 Big Ten) used a 20-0 run to forge a 40-24 lead with 17:00 to go. But the Cornhuskers (19-5, 8-4) fought back, turning a 58-51 deficit into a 58-58 tie on Kaitlyn Burke’s basket with 3:17 left.
Neither team scored until Kellogg made her go-ahead basket 2:16 later. The Gophers then sank four free throws for the final margin in breaking a three-game slide.
Rachel Banham led Minnesota with 21 points, including three 3-pointers. Kiara Buford added 16 points. Brianna Mastey and Kellogg grabbed 11 rebounds each as the Gophers piled up a 42-31 edge on the boards.
Jordan Hooper sank four 3-pointers and led Nebraska with 20 points. Lindsey Moore added 12.
The Cornhuskers, who dropped their second straight, split the season series with Minnesota.
- No.1 UConn routs Memphis 87-24, clinches American title
- Rebuilding Alabama-Auburn share youth, last place in SEC
- Brunner's late layup leads No. 10 Arizona St women past Utah
- No. 14 Princeton women take control early, beat Yale 67-49
- No. 6 Lady Vols beat slumping Georgia 70-59
- No. 19 Stanford women defeat No. 7 Oregon State 69-58
- No. 13 Kentucky women snap 3-game skid, beat Arkansas 56-51
- No. 4 Notre Dame women top Pitt 87-59, clinch share of ACC
- No. 18 Chattanooga beats ETSU 64-42 to go unbeaten in SoCon
- Lady Vols coach Warlick has broken bone in right wrist
- No. 12 Texas A&M loses Jones for season
- No. 2 South Carolina seeking steadiness after SEC crown
- No. 24 California women beat Oregon 74-59
- No. 8 Louisville cruises past Boston College 77-60
- Late 3 lifts Missouri women over No. 12 Texas A&M 70-69
- No. 25 Northwestern women wallop No. 20 Rutgers 80-60