MINNEAPOLIS (AP) Kionna Kellogg’s basket broke a tie with 1:01 left as Minnesota beat No. 16 Nebraska 64-58 on Monday night.
The Gophers (13-14, 5-8 Big Ten) used a 20-0 run to forge a 40-24 lead with 17:00 to go. But the Cornhuskers (19-5, 8-4) fought back, turning a 58-51 deficit into a 58-58 tie on Kaitlyn Burke’s basket with 3:17 left.
Neither team scored until Kellogg made her go-ahead basket 2:16 later. The Gophers then sank four free throws for the final margin in breaking a three-game slide.
Rachel Banham led Minnesota with 21 points, including three 3-pointers. Kiara Buford added 16 points. Brianna Mastey and Kellogg grabbed 11 rebounds each as the Gophers piled up a 42-31 edge on the boards.
Jordan Hooper sank four 3-pointers and led Nebraska with 20 points. Lindsey Moore added 12.
The Cornhuskers, who dropped their second straight, split the season series with Minnesota.
- No. 18 Gonzaga women reach title game, 68-60
- BALLOT BREAKDOWN: UConn still No. 1
- USC rallies past Oregon St 71-62 for Pac-12 title
- Women's hoops coach Patterson fired by Kansas St
- McClanahan leads Winthrop to title with 87-74 win
- Simmons, Lady Vols top Kentucky 71-70 in final
- UConn women top Rutgers 83-57 in AAC semifinals
- Fordham beats Dayton to win A10 women's title
- Marist women top Quinnipiac, 9th MAAC title in row
- UConn, Notre Dame still top 2 in AP women's poll
- No. 2 ND routs No. 10 Duke 69-53 for ACC title
- No. 7 W. Virginia women beat Texas in Big 12 semi
- No. 9 Baylor women beat No. 18 OSU in Big 12 semis
- Schimmel's shot lifts No. 3 Louisville over USF
- No. 16 Nebraska wins Big Ten tourney title
- Oregon St. women advance in 70-60 win over WSU