Aishah Sutherland added 10 points and seven rebounds as Kansas (16-3, 5-2 Big 12) snapped a 12-game losing streak to the Lady Raiders. The victory was Kansas coach Bonnie Henrickson’s first in nine tries against Texas Tech (14-5, 2-5).
Chynna Brown scored 11 points for the Lady Raiders, who were without leading scorer Kierra Mallard, who didn’t make the trip due to an undisclosed injury. Mallard averages 13.1 points per game.
Christine Hyde added nine points for the Lady Raiders, who have lost five in a row.
Kansas used a 12-2 run to open the game, which included the first eight points.
Henrickson called a timeout after Texas Tech cut the Jayhawks’ lead to 20-19 with a 13-4 run that was capped with Kelsi Baker’s layup, but the Lady Raiders got no closer.
Mallard’s absence left a hole in the Lady Raiders’ frontcourt that Davis was able to exploit. She scored 18 of the final 20 points of the first half for Kansas, including the final 12 as the Jayhawks used an 8-2 run—including back-to-back layups by Davis—to take a 30-23 into halftime.
The Jayhawks opened the second half with a 14-4 run, much of it coming without Davis, who was on the bench after she picked up her second and third fouls just 1:50 into the period. The run gave Kansas a 44-29 lead.
- At 27-3, Florida State looking like postseason threat
- Massengale helps No. 6 Lady Vols breeze past Vandy 79-49
- No. 16 Duke women earn wild 81-80 win over No. 15 UNC
- No. 4 Notre Dame women beat NC State 67-60
- No. 11 Mississippi State women beat Ole Miss 55-47
- No. 20 Rutgers women handle Indiana 71-60
- No. 5 Maryland close out perfect run in Big Ten play
- Miller's 20 help No. 14 Princeton women beat Brown 79-67
- No. 13 Kentucky women topple No. 2 South Carolina 67-56
- Hempen leads No. 10 Arizona State women past Colorado, 59-46
- Oregon women upset No. 19 Stanford 62-55
- No. 9 Florida State closes ACC slate, tops rival Miami 69-55
- Randolph, Imovbioh lead Virginia past No. 8 Louisville 75-59
- No. 22 George Washington women win Atlantic 10 title
- Beavers earn Pac-12 season title with 73-55 win over Cal
- Iowa State stuns No. 3 Baylor 76-71