Leading 26-23 at halftime, Iowa State (10-7, 1-5 Big 12) missed its first seven shots in the second half, then ran off 12 straight points to start a 17-3 run that put the Cyclones in control and ended their five-game losing streak.
Texas Tech (14-4, 2-4) missed 12 of its first 13 shots in the half and never recovered, falling behind by as many as 20. points The Lady Raiders have lost four straight after a 14-0 start.
Lauren Mansfield added 12 points, while Chelsea Poppens had 10 points and 15 rebounds for the Cyclones, whose 0-5 start in the Big 12 had been the program’s worst under Fennelly.
Monique Smalls’ 13 points led Texas Tech, which shot just 28 percent.
- At 27-3, Florida State looking like postseason threat
- Massengale helps No. 6 Lady Vols breeze past Vandy 79-49
- No. 16 Duke women earn wild 81-80 win over No. 15 UNC
- No. 4 Notre Dame women beat NC State 67-60
- No. 11 Mississippi State women beat Ole Miss 55-47
- No. 20 Rutgers women handle Indiana 71-60
- No. 5 Maryland close out perfect run in Big Ten play
- Miller's 20 help No. 14 Princeton women beat Brown 79-67
- No. 13 Kentucky women topple No. 2 South Carolina 67-56
- Hempen leads No. 10 Arizona State women past Colorado, 59-46
- Oregon women upset No. 19 Stanford 62-55
- No. 9 Florida State closes ACC slate, tops rival Miami 69-55
- Randolph, Imovbioh lead Virginia past No. 8 Louisville 75-59
- No. 22 George Washington women win Atlantic 10 title
- Beavers earn Pac-12 season title with 73-55 win over Cal
- Iowa State stuns No. 3 Baylor 76-71