Armstrong scores 22 as No. 19 Georgia women winSunday, Jan 15, 2012
Khaalidah Miller added 17 points and Jasmine Hassell had 12 for Georgia (15-3, 4-1 Southeastern Conference), which hit five 3-pointers and shot 42.3 percent from the field.
Georgia opened the game on a 13-4 run and led 34-26 at the half.
Porsha Porter scored 12 points and Kendra Grant added 10 for Mississippi State (11-6, 1-3), which shot a season-high 46 percent (23-of-50) from the field, but turned the ball over 22 times.
Georgia held MSU leading scorer Diamber Johnson to 10 points, all in the second half after the game was out of reach.
- FIU's Coley moves up to No. 5 in scoring
- SDakota women top Denver 82-71 for trip to NCAA
- Penn women beat Princeton for Ivy League title
- Louisville's Schimmels inspire Native Americans
- No. 23 DePaul women advance to title game, 100-90
- UConn women rout Louisville 72-52 to win AAC title
- No. 1 seed Albany beats Stony Brook 70-46 in AEast
- Santa Clara lets women's coach go after 6 seasons
- DePaul tops St. John's for Big East women's title
- FIU's Jerica Coley scores 3,000th career point
- No. 18 Gonzaga beats BYU 71-57 for WCC title
- West Virginia falls short in Big 12 title game
- Davis, Sims lead Baylor to Big 12 women's title
- Chattanooga tops Davidson for SoCon women's title
- No. 18 Gonzaga women reach title game, 68-60
- Marist women top Quinnipiac, 9th MAAC title in row