No. 16 Louisville women hold off South FloridaWednesday, Jan 11, 2012
Louisville trailed USF 47-39 with 10:17 to play following a steal by Inga Orekhova that led to Jasmine Wynne’s layup. The Cardinals then swung the game with a 15-0 run during the next four minutes, highlighted by two three-point plays and a 25-footer from Schimmel. Shelby Harper’s loose ball rebound in the left corner and subsequent drive and layup gave the Cardinals the lead for good at 49-47 with 8:33 to play.
Down 60-57 with 33 seconds left, South Florida missed two chances to tie it, including a 3-pointer by Orekhova. Sheronne Vails’ two free throws with 15.7 seconds to play and a Harper rebound on the next possession sealed the game.
Vails had 14 points on 10-of-11 from the line to go with eight rebounds and four blocks for Louisville (14-3, 3-1 Big East).
Wynne led USF (9-8, 1-2) with 20 points and Kaneisha Saunders had 18.
- At 27-3, Florida State looking like postseason threat
- Massengale helps No. 6 Lady Vols breeze past Vandy 79-49
- No. 16 Duke women earn wild 81-80 win over No. 15 UNC
- No. 4 Notre Dame women beat NC State 67-60
- No. 11 Mississippi State women beat Ole Miss 55-47
- No. 20 Rutgers women handle Indiana 71-60
- No. 5 Maryland close out perfect run in Big Ten play
- Miller's 20 help No. 14 Princeton women beat Brown 79-67
- No. 13 Kentucky women topple No. 2 South Carolina 67-56
- Hempen leads No. 10 Arizona State women past Colorado, 59-46
- Oregon women upset No. 19 Stanford 62-55
- No. 9 Florida State closes ACC slate, tops rival Miami 69-55
- Randolph, Imovbioh lead Virginia past No. 8 Louisville 75-59
- No. 22 George Washington women win Atlantic 10 title
- Beavers earn Pac-12 season title with 73-55 win over Cal
- Iowa State stuns No. 3 Baylor 76-71