Georgia (13-3, 2-1 Southeastern Conference) made up for a poor shooting game — 37.3 percent (28 of 75)—by hounding the Tigers into 30 turnovers and holding a 47-35 rebounding edge, with 23 coming on the offensive glass.
Khaalidah Miller had 12 points for the Bulldogs, while Meredith Mitchell added 10 points and eight rebounds and James had five steals.
Hasina Muhammad scored 15 points and Blanche Alverson added 13 for the Tigers (9-7, 1-2), who shot 27.1 percent (13 of 48) from the field and endured a nearly 9-minute scoreless stretch in the second half.
Georgia led 30-17 at halftime after leading by as many as 17 points in the first half.
The Bulldogs had a 17-1 run to go up 62-32 with 4:03 to go.
Auburn never got closer than 12 points in the second half.
- FGCU holds off Stetson for A-Sun title, 72-70
- Wichita State women beat Drake in Missouri Valley
- Northwestern St wins women's Southland title
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- No. 22 Middle Tennessee women win C-USA title
- Idaho reaches NCAAs with 75-67 win for WAC title
- Buck, UND women earn first berth to Div I tourney
- Prairie View women upset Texas Southern 63-58
- Robert Morris edges St. Francis (Pa.) 78-64
- Wright State wins women's Horizon title
- James Madison tops Delaware 70-45 to win CAA
- Western Kentucky wins women's Sun Belt final
- Army women beat Holy Cross to win Patriot League
- Cal State Northridge women win Big West
- Hampton beats Coppin State 50-47 for MEAC title
- Akron wins first MAC title, 79-68 over Ball State