No. 25 North Carolina women beat Virginia in 2OTThursday, Jan 5, 2012
The Tar Heels (12-2, 2-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) outscored the Cavaliers 9-4 in the second overtime, including three free throws in the final 17 seconds.
Sophomore guard Ataira Franklin had 29 points and five steals while playing all 50 minutes for Virginia (12-4, 0-2).
Cavaliers senior guard Ariana Moorer forced overtime by making an acrobatic layup with 18.8 seconds, tying the score at 57-57. North Carolina was unable to get off a shot on its final possession.
Moorer missed a close range runner as time expired in the first overtime.
North Carolina shot 47 percent (27 of 57) from the field and held a 48-37 advantage in rebounding.
- Powers, No. 16 Michigan State beat Oakland 79-64
- No. 22 West Virginia beats Evansville 83-39
- FIBA suspends Japan over failure to merge leagues
- No. 25 Mississippi St beats Louisiana-Monroe 80-46
- Calhoun helps No. 8 Duke women rout Buffalo 88-54
- No. 22 Georgia defeats Georgia Southern 93-52
- No. 2 Notre Dame beats Quinnipiac 112-52
- No. 7 Texas A&M uses big run to beat Prairie View
- Gilbert, Chattanooga stuns No. 4 Lady Vols 67-63
- No. 22 Georgia routs Colgate 66-35
- No. 20 Oklahoma State beats Morgan State 73-43
- No. 17 Iowa surges past Northern Iowa 73-45
- No. 12 Louisville women top Western Kentucky 89-67
- No. 21 Rutgers eases past Wagner 81-53
- Johnson helps No. 5 Stanford over New Mexico
- Moore, No. 4 Lady Vols beat Tennessee State 97-46