No. 21 DePaul women top Southern Illinois, 93-67Thursday, Dec 22, 2011
The win was the ninth in 10 games for DePaul (12-2) and 26th straight at McGrath-Phillips Arena.
Jasmine Penny scored 15 points, Brittany Hrynko had 14, Kelsey Reynolds had 12, and Katherine Harry added 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Blue Demons, who lead the series 9-3.
Teri Oliver scored 25 points and Cartaesha Macklin added 18 for Southern Illinois (3-7), which has lost five of its last six.
DePaul never trailed, opening a 13-2 lead just 2:53 into the game and taking a 51-18 advantage at halftime. Their biggest lead was at 62-26 with 17:23 remaining in the game.
The Blue Demons held a 40-34 rebounding edge and outscored the Salukis in the paint (44-14), off turnovers (33-16) and on second chances (15-5).
- Agbuke's career game leads No. 2-seed Baylor over Iowa 81-66
- Gonzaga-Tennessee Preview
- Dayton-Louisville Preview
- East Tennessee State extends Brittney Ezell's contract
- Arizona St.-Florida St. Preview
- North Carolina-South Carolina Preview
- Mulkey, Lady Bears confident as ever entering Sweet 16
- Notre Dame arrives in Oklahoma late after plane was diverted
- South Carolina holds off North Carolina 67-65 in NCAAs
- Duke-Maryland Preview
- Texas-UConn Preview
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview
- Iowa-Baylor Preview
- Father bests son 2nd time this season with 82-70 win in WNIT
- Freshman forward Hines-Allen leading the way for Louisville
- Poetry pulled Texas center McGee-Stafford from depression