No. 20 Purdue women defeat Oakland 66-47By CLIFF BRUNT, AP Sports Writer Tuesday, Dec 20, 2011
It was Ostarello’s first double-double of the season and the second of her career.
Courtney Moses scored 16 points and made four 3-pointers for the Boilermakers (9-3), who won their second straight since their upset loss at Central Michigan. Purdue won even though its leading scorer, Brittany Rayburn, scored just seven points on 2-for-8 shooting. She had averaged 15.1 points.
Sharise Calhoun scored 12 points and Zakiya Minifee and Bethany Watterworth each added 11 for Oakland (5-5), which had won two straight, including a victory over ACC opponent Clemson.
Oakland hadn’t played since a wild win over Illinois-Chicago on Dec. 11 when Calhoun made a game-winning shot from beyond half court in the 48-45 victory.
- Chattanooga's in Top 25, Gamecocks still No. 1 in poll
- Thompson, No. 11 Stanford women beat USC 71-60
- Williams, No. 15 Duke women beat No. 12 UNC 74-67 in OT
- Oregon St takes over first in Pac-12 with 68-57 win over ASU
- No. 14 Kentucky women outlasts Missouri 83-69
- No. 5 Lady Vols rally for 59-51 victory over No. 22 Georgia
- Eastern Michigan basketball player and fellow student killed
- No. 3 Baylor women win 17th in row, 68-46 over Kansas State
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Hines-Allen helps No. 4 Louisville beat Miami 68-55
- Moody helps Iowa State upend No. 8 Texas 58-57
- No. 7 Maryland remains unbeaten in Big Ten with 84-74 win
- No. 2 UConn women win 17th straight, 96-31 over Cincinnati
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat NC State 66-49
- Loyd scores 17 as No. 6 Notre Dame beats Clemson 74-36
- No. 11 Stanford women rally in 2nd half to beat UCLA 79-70