Hill scores 24 as Ohio St. women top Southern UtahTuesday, Dec 20, 2011
The Buckeyes (12-0), playing for the third time in four days, trailed 15-13 with 12:12 left in the first half after a field goal by Southern Utah’s Carli Moreland.
Samantha Prahalis countered with a jumper to tie it 15-all before Hill hit a pair of 3-pointers for a six-point lead. The Thunderbirds (4-7) never got closer than four points the rest of the way.
The Buckeyes took a 38-25 halftime lead.
Hill was 8 for 14 from the floor and hit half of her eight 3-point attempts and all four free throws. Twelve of 13 Ohio State players scored, with Prahalis, Darryce Moore, Amber Stokes and Raven Ferguson each contributing nine points.
Kimie Hawkins had 10 points for Southern Utah.
- Lauren Hill to become honorary coach
- Chattanooga women stun No. 7 Stanford 54-46
- Williams leads No. 13 Duke past Oklahoma 92-72
- No. 9 Baylor women deep, talented young roster
- No. 25 DePaul rolls by Loyola-Chicago 109-84
- No. 19 Syracuse eases past Canisius 70-37
- Powers, No. 18 Michigan St rout Alcorn St 77-41
- Virginia coach Boyle to miss game versus Longwood
- Enemkpali leads No. 3 Texas to win over McNeese
- No. 1 South Carolina rolls over Hampton, 69-49
- Northern Michigan suspends coach for cheat remark
- No. 21 Mississippi St takes down Louisiana-Lafayette 66-51
- Burdick, No. 11 Lady Vols outlast Wichita State 54-51
- No. 16 Oregon St. beats No. 6 North Carolina 70-55
- Chattanooga seeks to upset another national power
- Spain to host 2018 Women's Basketball World Cup